AllStar+free breakfast or Mod+free quick service?

andilubio

Original Poster
Hi guys,

I am struggling to decide although I think i have my mind set on deciding whether to go with either of the 2 options below. The difference in price is 530£ based on 4 people staying.

1. All Star value + free breakfast
2. Caribbean Beach Resort + Quick service dinning plan + free 100$ gift card.

I want to say that option 2 is the clear cut winner but maybe with the 530£ difference I can better utilize it for my preference of choice meals? Also, factor in potential better quality of the resort and the fact that the Caribbean will have the Sky Liner open once we are there.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Jon81uk

Hi guys,

I am struggling to decide although I think i have my mind set on deciding whether to go with either of the 2 options below. The difference in price is 530£ based on 4 people staying.

1. All Star value + free breakfast
2. Caribbean Beach Resort + Quick service dinning plan + free 100$ gift card.

I want to say that option 2 is the clear cut winner but maybe with the 530£ difference I can better utilize it for my preference of choice meals? Also, factor in potential better quality of the resort and the fact that the Caribbean will have the Sky Liner open once we are there.

Thanks for the help in advance.

How many nights?

But you would probably spend £30 a day on food (quick service entrée (main course or combo) is about $12-15 and a soda is $3.99, so you can spend £15 per counter service meal) and on the dining plan you get two snacks per day and a refill mug (use one snack for breakfast pastries!).
Therefore £132.50 extra per person is four or five days of food, so if your trip is five nights I would definitely go for it, for a four night trip its probably worth it too.

Jon81uk

Then yes definitely go for it. For four people you could spend £120 a day on quick service food so over five nights that's potentially £600 or more and you are only paying £530 plus getting the $100 to spend on other things.

Collecting the gift card from World of Disney is a bit of a faff though.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If I had to choose one of those options I'd go with option 2.
I'd probably upgrade the QSDP to the regular DDP.
But no one here can tell you what the better option for you is.
YOU need to decide which suits you better.

If I could suggest something else then I'd stay at POP with the regular DDP.

Jon81uk

If I could suggest something else then I'd stay at POP with the regular DDP.

The UK free dining offer is free regular dining plan at a deluxe (or DVC), free quick service at a moderate or free breakfast at a value.
So Pop would cost a lot more, the moderate with free dining is a better option than Pop which is more expensive than All Stars.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The UK free dining offer is free regular dining plan at a deluxe (or DVC), free quick service at a moderate or free breakfast at a value.
So Pop would cost a lot more, the moderate with free dining is a better option than Pop which is more expensive than All Stars.
Like I said OP needs to choose for themselves. I just gave my opinion that I'd choose the second option and upgrade to the regular DDP (done it multiple times you just pay the difference) or personally I would not do either and book at POP with regular DDP and pay what I had to pay.

andilubio

Original Poster

For some reason the Pop Star is not included in the UK free dinning offer which is not ideal, hence why I thought goind moderate was an interesting option.

Jon81uk

For some reason the Pop Star is not included in the UK free dinning offer which is not ideal, hence why I thought goind moderate was an interesting option.

In my opinion going for a moderate is the better deal with the UK dining, especially if you have four of you in a room as the value of food is good. You could upgrade to the regular dining plan if you want to make reservations and do some table service or buffet places, but the quick service food is often very good anyway.

BrerJon

With four people in a room, no question going CBR and Quick Service for UK Free Dining is definitely the way to go, a much better deal than the Value breakfast, even without the hotels being vastly different (CBR is such a better location, for one thing, even moreso with Skyliner).

You will likely spend close to the difference on food and snacks anyway - especially if buying alcohol (remember each quick service meal comes with an alcoholic drink which would cost about $8 out of pocket) and with the dining plan you'll likely have lots more food than you need, with snack credits left over.

For Americans and people who have to pay money to use the Dining Plan, it's less of a saving, but the UK Free Dining is a great offer. Also factor in you get Memory Maker and a $100 card free, which really add to the experience, so it's a pretty good deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom