Allegiant Air and Orlando-Sanford Opinions

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Ok so I'm going to WDW in October anyone have a review on Allegiant Air and Orlando-Sanford Airport?

Btw who loves my new sig?

DAKOTADISNEY

We used Allegiant Air in Feb. 06 to Orlando/Sanford and had real good luck with them. The airport isn't very big so it was easy to get in and out of quickly. We rented a car from Alamo. The only thing is that we arrived at 9:30pm and by the time we got to WDW it was close to 11:00pm.

Upvote 0

mapsd

We used Allegiant Air in Feb. 06 to Orlando/Sanford and had real good luck with them. The airport isn't very big so it was easy to get in and out of quickly. We rented a car from Alamo. The only thing is that we arrived at 9:30pm and by the time we got to WDW it was close to 11:00pm.
We're taking the same trip (1/30-2/6). The convenience of a non-stop flight from Sioux Falls in winter more than makes up for the less than ideal arrival time. No Magic Express, but we were planning to rent a car anyway.

Upvote 0

Passport

I don't think it is right to call in Orlando-Sanford. It is in Sanford. And Maitland, Altamonte Springs and Cassleberry and maybe Longwood are cities inbetween Orlando and Sanford.

Just watch what time your flight gets in. You don't want to travel on Interstate 4 during rush hour. It is almost as bad as the freeways I remember in California.

Just this morning there was an accident that closed east bound I-4(that runs north if you look at a map) and they had no idea when it is going to open up again.

Upvote 0

ann0d1

We are going in Dec for ten days, and reserved with Dollar for 322.00 for an intermediate size car. This is actually 40.00 cheaper than the discount code for what I had. When I was on the site an thing popped up giving me a special discount. So beware, sometimes the discount codes don't always give you the cheapest rate!

Upvote 0

SweetPea

DH, DD(4) and I flew into Sanford from Greenville, SC in December last year. The non-stop flight was great (a little over an hour for us). Sanford Airport is tiny and it is hardly crowded with people. When booking our tickets, we were given the option of paying for transportation with American Coach Lines, so we just went ahead and did that. It was only the three of us, so a car really was not needed. We went to the ticket window for ACL and they took us right to the van, loaded our luggage and the luggage for another family and we were all on our way. It was about an hour ride from the airport to the resort (we stayed at ASMovies), but it went quite quickly. When we were dropped off at the resort, we were given a ticket for our pick up time the next Saturday. They were right on schedule and we were the only family on the van ride back. The driver dropped us right at the gate and we headed home. I would fly with Allegiant again in a minute. Keep in mind though, it is a low cost carrier, so sodas, snacks, etc. are not free on the flight. They will give you a menu, but things are fairly inexpensive. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Allegiant Air: About the same as any other low cost carrier. Just make sure to bring cash with you on the plane. ALL drinks and snacks will cost you. They don’t provide any drinks for free.

SFB (Orlando-Sanford Airport): It is a great airport that is easy to get in and out of. I have flown in and out of there at least 50 times over the past 7 years and it has developed into a great airport. It is very convenient to fly in and out of. As for a route to Disney, the easiest route would probably be to take 417. Just make sure to bring about $6 for tolls but it is worth it to avoid the hassles of Rt. 4.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

We are going in Dec for ten days, and reserved with Dollar for 322.00 for an intermediate size car. This is actually 40.00 cheaper than the discount code for what I had. When I was on the site an thing popped up giving me a special discount. So beware, sometimes the discount codes don't always give you the cheapest rate!

I usually rent from National when flying into MCO and you can get some good rates if you join the Emerald Aisle club which you can do for free through www.mousesavers.com. And the best part is that National is located in the airport. Also my cousin has used Payless a number of times and never had a problem with them, they are off-site.

Upvote 0

PlaneJane

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Not any help, but wondering to. We will be flying allegaint into sanford. Please let me know how it is. What car service are you going to use?

We are going to use Alamo because my dad is not a deal finder, we could have went dollar for cheaper b/c of discount codes...

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

Sanford International is on average, an hours drive to WDW. That's if I 4 is moving or if you take 417 (toll). The 417 can come to a standstill if there's an accident as it only has two lanes heading in each direction.

I live here in town and prefer to fly out of Sanford if I can. Orlando International is such a pain with security and parking, Sanford is simple. Hardly have to sweat over security lines or anything you normally do at a regular sized airport.

Upvote 0

DicksonGR

Sanford is a nice airport. Being from Scotland, I find that if I need a direct flight to Orlando then Sanford is really the only option. It handles most of the UK traffic I believe.

Transportation isn't usually a problem. We normally get Happy Limo and the past few years have treated ourselves to stretch hummer transfers. Its only £20pp more expensive than what our travel agent quoted us for transfers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom