All we are going to do is eat!!!

Goofynana

Original Poster
Trip is in 2 weeks -- YAHOO - we are on the deluxe dining plan. From the way it looks - all we are going to do is eat, eat, eat,!! Seems we are jumping from park to park, and restaurant to restaurant to eat!! Reservations were very hard to get at most restaurants - though she started some time ago. Does anyone feel like this? All we are going to do is eat?? The plan sounds great but geez - I just dont know. Any suggestions??

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Congrats on your upcoming trip. I gained like 10 pounds on my basic dining plan last year (thank GOD for lap band this year) and can't fathom eating that much food anymore! I hope you have a fabulous trip & eat some amazing food :wave:

coltow

DH and I did this type of meal plan on our honeymoon. It was way too much food for us. The first few days were good then we started skipping meals, mostly lunches. We tended to eat breakfast and dinner at TS places and lunch was CS. I know for a fact the there were a few days where we just skipped lunch because we were still full from breakfast.

mouselvrmom

Hope you have a great trip! We leave in three weeks. I think the deluxe plan might be too much food for us, but my hubby thinks it may be neat to try. :lol:

make sure you let us know how it went for you!

Goofynana

Original Poster
:p yeah - guess you are right - I should have been doing lots of walking and dieting to get ready for this trip - but you all know how it goes - you have been thinking about your trip - forever - and boom - here it is ready or not!! I know we will be eating at restaurants we probably never would have - so I just have to figure this is not a "riding" vacation but an "eating around the "world" vacation!!

We probably will end up skipping lunches - and ride more!!!:sohappy:

abbeysmom

Hubby and I did the basic meal plan a few years ago and we walked our poor selves to death. We would be at the back of Magic Kingdom and realize that we need to be in Germany for dinner in an hour. Bam.... off we went... We did this quite a few times before we wised up and tried to plan better. This year we planned our touring around the meals. Most meals however were in Epcot.. :shrug: I would only hope that we walked off some of the calories that we consumed on that trip... My legs ached at night from so much walking... :cry:

coltow

:p yeah - guess you are right - I should have been doing lots of walking and dieting to get ready for this trip
I just need to share. I had joined Weight Watchers about a year ago. My goal was to get down a few sizes before our August trip. The minute we arrived I tried not to think of food in "points" like I do at home. I was on vacation afterall. We ate very well and did many buffets. I know we did tons of walking so I had hoped that the walking would burn some of it off. We returned home on Wednesday 20th and I went for my weigh in Saturday morning and was pleasantly surprised. I had managed to lose 3 pounds on our vacation. I still have no idea how exactly it worked out, but it did.

Goofynana

Original Poster
:sohappy: Coltow - that is great - it would seem that since we are walking so much it would help with the weight gain - but we all know how that sometimes goes!! Keep up the great work!! I will post after my trip on how we did. Can't wait:lol::wave:

Foolish Mortal

Trip is in 2 weeks -- YAHOO - we are on the deluxe dining plan. From the way it looks - all we are going to do is eat, eat, eat,!! Seems we are jumping from park to park, and restaurant to restaurant to eat!! Reservations were very hard to get at most restaurants - though she started some time ago. Does anyone feel like this? All we are going to do is eat?? The plan sounds great but geez - I just dont know. Any suggestions??

Probably short notice since your trip is coming up, but what I'm doing on an upcoming trip with the deluxe plan, lots of t/s for breakfast and then 2 credit dinners. Gives you enough energy to get thru the day then you get to experience some of the "better" restaurants for dinner. And if you get a little hungry during the day, you always have a couple of snack credits to use.

CatsMeow

We have done this in the past - when we were...ahem....younger! :ROFLOL: I don't think we could do it too easily now! But it was certainly fun while it lasted! ;)

Seriously, it is too much food for me, but DH thought it was great! I can barely ever get to dessert now! I learned to order judiciously - maybe not everything from soup to nuts! :slurp: I ordered entree salads (with chicken/fish) when I could and stayed away from the bread basket. ;) But enjoy it and just try to pace yourself between meals. WDW has some great places to eat and/or try new cuisines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom