All Things Pirates of the Caribbean

westie

I'm really confused and in need of help. It seems when you are in the park tha POTC is way in there and the underground portion would run maybe towards Main St.? Anybody got a map or an arial view to help a brother out?

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by westie
I'm really confused and in need of help. It seems when you are in the park tha POTC is way in there and the underground portion would run maybe towards Main St.? Anybody got a map or an arial view to help a brother out?

OK, it totally goes away from Main Street, here is an overhead view. The Train Track is in Yellow, the PotC is inside the Red Circle, hope this helps.

Attachments

• magic kingdom top.jpg
    magic kingdom top.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 112

CDS Disney

Did any one else know that POTC was originally designed to be a walking ride like a tour? How ever one-day "uncle" Walt went to the design team and said it needs to be a water ride.

celticdog

The POTC cd has the entire ride as one single track. It's called the the float through. You can hear the entire ride from start to finish. It's pretty cool. Plus there are several out-takes and alternative audio segments. Check it out at ebay. The Disneyland special edition DVD (the metal case) has a small sequence about POTC, which was refered to as Blue Bayou (or something similiar).

HM also has a cd.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man
OK, it totally goes away from Main Street, here is an overhead view. The Train Track is in Yellow, the PotC is inside the Red Circle, hope this helps.

I was thinking just that.. I should have said before, as well. I KNOW for a fact that PoTC doesn't go anywhere NEAR Main Street. I used to work in that area, and the PoTC building is next to the Jungle Cruise, right at the butterflies part (you know, with the "ohs and ahs"). There's a trash compactor back there. In fact, I remember walking the catwalks in Pirates during trainment, and the exit to this back area is in the room where they keep boats to clean or refurb.

meanmice

As far as seeing cast members in front of POTC, I have a picture of my brother when he was younger shooting smee in the butt with captain hook watching and laughing. as far as everything else, most of it is news to me, except for the upcomming movie. i heard, however, that it won't be much like the ride.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by meanmice
except for the upcomming movie. i heard, however, that it won't be much like the ride.

yeah, i figured that's how it would be. :( i really have higher expectations for that though then i do Haunted Mansion. i'm not so sure about HM...i've never been a fan of Eddie Murphy. PotC though, must have some sort of appeal..I'm a big Johnny Depp fan, and i know that he doesn't sign up to be in just 'any' movie...he's very selective with what he signs up for, so that's a good indication to me that it's worth seeing. not to mention the fact of seeing him AND Orlando Bloom in the same movie....as rugged pirates *sigh; faint*

meanmice

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
...I'm a big Johnny Depp fan, and i know that he doesn't sign up to be in just 'any' movie...he's very selective with what he signs up for, so that's a good indication to me that it's worth seeing. not to mention the fact of seeing him AND Orlando Bloom in the same movie....as rugged pirates *sigh; faint*
I agree, I'll see it anyway, mostly because of Johnny Depp.:slurp:

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by meanmice
I agree, I'll see it anyway, mostly because of Johnny Depp.:slurp:

hehehe! :D prolly one of the few Disney movies that we'll have to have our drool buckets with us just to make it through!

wyattkelly

Yeah...Pirates has always been one of my favorite rides at WDW (With the coolest gift shop, too!), and I have high hopes for the Movie. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, directed by Gore Verbenski? I'm THERE! HOwever, the Haunted mansion with Eddie Murphy? No. It's just not gonna work. it's gonna be sad and sick. The original idea behind Haunted Mansion would make a great movie. Not what they're planning, from what I've heard.

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by spider-man
Doesn't the DL version have Sword Fighting Pirates and actual people firing the cannons now?

Still no one able to anser this? What about Pirate names?

I just got my Pirates of the Caribbean CD from WDW. It is really interesting. It's amazing how much unused recordings there are for these rides.

Is it just me, or does the cannonballs falling so close to your boat get you each time you ride? :lol:

careship

# The waterfalls on Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland and Disney World are different. There are waterfalls on both rides. However the waterfall at Disneyland is longer and therefore broken into two consecutive drops. Also, Disneyland guests remain in the boats as they travel up a lift chain at the end of the ride that returns the boats to their original level. As a result, Disneyland guests enter and exit the Pirates boats from the same location. At Disney World, guests exit the boats before they return to their original level. After this unload point, the boats enter a staging area where they go up a lift belt, make a right turn, pass under the queue area and then reenter the loading zone. Back in the days when there were two channels at the load area, the boats went through an automatic switch gate in staging as well. (That was the source of many downtimes!) The reasons for the waterfalls (at both Disneyland and Disney World) is to permit the boats to pass under the Railroad tracks that surround the park.

There are 66 pirates and villages, 57 animals and birds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom