All things Magic Mountain

Rich T

Magic Mountain has announced a new coaster for 2019 called West Coast Racers. This coaster takes over the old Cyclone Bay area with a duel racing coaster. This is a much needed change to that end of the park.

BTW, what on Earth made them think ANYONE was interested in watching the CEO go through that drawn-out comedy shtick? Blech.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Just did Universal Hollywood. My daughter was stoked about doing the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but our experience at the Three Broom Sticks was mared. I for one was exited to try some "english" food. My daughter miss chicken nugget, did get chicken tenders, but they had no ranch just a pepper sauce. I ordered fish n chips and my wife the Ploumans lunch. The Meat, Cheese and grapes platter. We waited in line we were next they taken our ticket. My wife and I instantly noticed that two of the girl workers were spending more time gossiping than working. The other 4 that were preparing the trays of food, had more near vice face touches than I do, and I have Tourettes Syndrome. We watched at one of the gossip workers styled a cough with her gloved hand. My wife and I look at each other with OMG looks. Lets just get our food and not think about it. Soon, they call out a name. Rich-Not me. guy back of the line. Consalua-Not me. Bill-Not me. Hey where is our food I asked. Your Plughmans takes longer to make. My wife asked for a manager. Boom, our food was up, and on of the guys was like can get you something for free, like a dessert. IDK a pie I guess, here you go. We sit. Our daughter already had saved us a seat, she was patently reading her Piers Anthony novel. A little ways into our food. We have a plain clothed manager come out to talk to us. We mentioned we both have Food handlers permits, and know the requirements of food perpetration. My wife had her say, and the manager was pushing for who did what. I finally chimed in. I was stuffing my face because I was hitting Hangry and needed to have something before I went postal. "The two white drink expediter girls were gossiping at the left drink station, this is us facing the counter. One of them styled a cough. The One Guy at the other drink station was sweating bullets trying to keep up with the drink order. I think taking up the slack for the other two. I don't know which was worse getting my drinks poured by a cough covered glove or having sweat in the other. The Latina, that was in the middle touched her eyes and face about a dozen times, while we stood there being passed up by orders after us. The big Samoan looking guy was nice and offered us a free something. We keep being told a meat, cheese and grape takes that long to make." She gave us back the money for the platter. My daughter hit the death nail to her. She goes to her "I was looking forward to the eating at the three broom sticks, but now I think I'll ask for dinner at a mcdonalds."
I've never had food prep errors like that at MM but I have at Universal. Usually at MM they are just extremely slow. It's like zombies are preparing the food. I've noticed the employees are usually 14-18 years old during the summer so they seem unsure of themselves.

TROR

Michael Eisner was never anything less than an absolute treasure

latest

We need a highlight reel of Michael Eisner PR appearances where he interacts with characters

Phroobar

Original Poster
Why is no one criticizing how incredibly similar this is to Twisted Colossus? It is redundant.
Well, when you have 20 coasters, things can be a little redundant. This one is all steel while Twisted Colossus is bigger and a wood/steel hybrid. They ride totally different.

Besides how many spinners does the Disneyland Resort have? Even better how many spinners does WDW have?

Rich T

Well, when you have 20 coasters, things can be a little redundant. This one is all steel while Twisted Colossus is bigger and a wood/steel hybrid. They ride totally different.

Besides how many spinners does the Disneyland Resort have? Even better how many spinners does WDW have?
The specific issue here is that so soon after opening a dueling mobius-track two-lap high-five coaster... they're adding a dueling mobius-track two-lap high-five coaster.

Phroobar

Original Poster
The specific issue here is that so soon after opening a dueling mobius-track two-lap high-five coaster... they're adding a dueling mobius-track two-lap high-five coaster.
Twisted opened in 2015. When did this become a rule against MM?

Last edited:

Rich T

Twisted opened in 2015. When did there become a rule against this for MM?
It's not a huge issue; the coaster looks quite fun, and I'm glad it's more family-oriented and less extreme. I am surprised, though, that they didn't go with something that had more unique elements instead of reprising so much of what Twisted Colossus is famous for. I'm sure they had a lot of options on the table... I'm curious as to why they went with Twisted Colossus Jr. when there are still a lot of coaster-types that MM doesn't have yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom