All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
09219330.jpg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I might be the only one here who thinks this, but... THIS IS AWFUL! Here's Snoopy's severed head, kids! Lift up his scalp and eat his popcorn brains! Charlie Brown is running off into the sunset shouting, "GOOD GRIEF!!!"
I think you are being too hard on it. it's cute. i think its better than some of the disney ones. Its not his severred head its just a bucket in the shape of his friendly head and face. i hope they put out a series of these. i would get a Woodstock one and one of Spike, is that his name Spike? Snoopy's brother or cousin that lives in the cactus in the desert. They should make one of him too.

D.Silentu

Someone on Micechat brought up the Hanging and someone confirmed that the Hanging as we know it is in fact ending this year but may return once the "PC" movement dies down.
Supposing this is true, it's bringing up a lot of thoughts I had about the closure of Universal's Bill & Ted show. In common they were often pretty tasteless and the offense that caused seems to be the fatal factor for both. I keep wondering do they have to be that way? Can no one at Knotts or Universal write a show that isn't reliant on stereotypes or gutter humor? I'm sure someone is poised to tell me that there's no accounting what bothers people these days and I won't disagree. However, Knotts had the benefit of seeing what happened to Bill & Ted, so one would have hoped that they took a lesson from it and altered the format. There is certainly a middle ground here and I can't help but wonder why it is being overlooked.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

What does pc culture have to do with a haloween hanging showing during knott's scary farm? i have never seen the show. is there something i am missing? is it like a suicide hanging or a good old west hanging of a criminal?

Nirya

Very excited to do Scary Farm this Saturday. It will probably be packed as usual, but going in with a plan and a willingness to skip a maze or two (sorry Shadowlands, I like you but it was already time for you to go after last year) should get my group through the night.

Also did Dark Harbor for the first time last Friday, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. There were bunch of things I wasn’t a fan of (two different tiers of front-of-the-line passes seemed excessive and there didn’t need to be a bar every 5 feet) but in general I really liked what I got to see.

D.Silentu

What does pc culture have to do with a haloween hanging showing during knott's scary farm? i have never seen the show. is there something i am missing? is it like a suicide hanging or a good old west hanging of a criminal?
The Hanging show is a comprehensive riff on the events and pop culture of the year, culminating with the literal hanging of the cultural figure deemed most egregious. Past hangees have included Charlie Sheen, Donald Sterling, and Edward Cullen. During the body of the show, much of the humor is crude and reliant on broad stereotypes. As you can imagine, there has been controversy.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The Hanging show is a comprehensive riff on the events and pop culture of the year, culminating with the literal hanging of the cultural figure deemed most egregious. Past hangees have included Charlie Sheen, Donald Sterling, and Edward Cullen. During the body of the show, much of the humor is crude and reliant on broad stereotypes. As you can imagine, there has been controversy.
that sounds awesome. they need to keep that.

Phroobar

Original Poster
That doesn't make it not fun. Even last year they riffed on up tight PC crowd by the show almost being destroyed by aliens from the planet YourAnus.

Rich T

I think you are being too hard on it. it's cute. i think its better than some of the disney ones. Its not his severred head its just a bucket in the shape of his friendly head and face. i hope they put out a series of these. i would get a Woodstock one and one of Spike, is that his name Spike? Snoopy's brother or cousin that lives in the cactus in the desert. They should make one of him too.
I am absolutely taking this too seriously (or pretending to). Character heads with lift-off scalps are just a personal eeewww zone of mine. :)

Professortango1

that sounds awesome. they need to keep that.

The concept was fun and it used to be a better show. The show's writing has become much more simplistic in recent years and the humor lacked consistent wit. The same thing has happened to the Ghoul Time Theatre shows. When Dr Cleaver and Ed Alonzo were performing, the shows were a blast. Then came the dark times of American Idol parodies and such where the jokes were "look at fat Elvis. He's so fat. Look, he farts when he walks. Because he's fat. Fart! Hahaha." Elvira tried to bring back showmanship, unfortunately she was at an age where she couldn't really do more than stand there and she constantly forgot her lines, even though every punch line was her .

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The concept was fun and it used to be a better show. The show's writing has become much more simplistic in recent years and the humor lacked consistent wit. The same thing has happened to the Ghoul Time Theatre shows. When Dr Cleaver and Ed Alonzo were performing, the shows were a blast. Then came the dark times of American Idol parodies and such where the jokes were "look at fat Elvis. He's so fat. Look, he farts when he walks. Because he's fat. Fart! Hahaha." Elvira tried to bring back showmanship, unfortunately she was at an age where she couldn't really do more than stand there and she constantly forgot her lines, even though every punch line was her *******.
Well that does not sound very good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom