All things Knotts Berry Farm

Phroobar

Original Poster
peanuts-celebration-hero-image.jpg

Darkbeer1

>>The new Calico River Rapids coming to Knott’s Berry Farm will introduce Sasquatch to the renovated BigFoot Rapids attraction after the legendary folklore beast managed to avoid detection for three decades on the water ride that bore his name.

An extensive renovation of the 1987 BigFoot Rapids at the Buena Park theme park debuting May 17 will transform the river rapids water ride into an animated attraction with nine thematic scenes and more than 20 animatronic figures.<<

Phroobar

Original Poster

>>The new Calico River Rapids coming to Knott’s Berry Farm will introduce Sasquatch to the renovated BigFoot Rapids attraction after the legendary folklore beast managed to avoid detection for three decades on the water ride that bore his name.

An extensive renovation of the 1987 BigFoot Rapids at the Buena Park theme park debuting May 17 will transform the river rapids water ride into an animated attraction with nine thematic scenes and more than 20 animatronic figures.<<
So does that mean BigFoot Rapids debuted May 17, 1987 or the new version will debut May 17, 2019?

Professortango1

I rode it many times, loved it and never got hurt....

I'm sure hundreds of thousands rode it without getting hurt, but it did have an issue with repeated injuries due to weight balance. The cycles were shut down and the attraction sat empty until they got the green light to redesign the cars with a lower center of gravity. It was either that or rip out the old ride track.

Darkbeer1

I'm sure hundreds of thousands rode it without getting hurt, but it did have an issue with repeated injuries due to weight balance. The cycles were shut down and the attraction sat empty until they got the green light to redesign the cars with a lower center of gravity. It was either that or rip out the old ride track.
Sigh I know... But as a kid, it was fun!

Thank goodness Bud Hurlbut talked some sense into me...

Darkbeer1

At Knott's now. Garner-Holt is out in force. We now have an AS best near Bob...

Any suggestions for a name? He is a medium size brown bear.

I will post some photos here later, but if you go to my darkbeer.smugmug.com page, it is under KBF Calico and can be shared here now. Feel free.

Maybe Jamboree, as in Hungry Bear?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom