All things Knotts Berry Farm

SoCalDisneyLover

Thanks! I just called Knotts about this. The guy didn't know anything about it.
You're going to get FAR better information off the internet, i.e. message boards, YouTube, than you will by calling the customer information line, or even visiting guest services at the park. They usually won't know jack until something has already been made public, and even then, they might now know about it.

Emmanuel

Knotts will open at 8am on weekends once again when Merry Farm returns next month. It'll also open at 8am daily on the week of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! Also they'll be closed on Christmas Day as always

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 11.04.16 PM.png

Hangtime is getting its repairs it seems

Professortango1

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Making a note to check back in on Knott's in a year.
I didn't say a year or give a time frame. But a business that wont accept PHYSICAL ING MONEY won't last. It will have to either go out of business or change and start accepting cash again. One of the two. If Knott's stays with this long term they will lose money and eventually go out of business. It may take many years but it will happen.

Emmanuel

So here's what's known about Knotts when they go cashless next week:

1. Knotts isn't going 100% cashless. Once it goes into effect, cash will still be accepted at parking booths, California Marketplace, Knotts Hotel and the Christmas Crafters in Ghost Town. So this is mainly for the theme park only.

2. They are giving the people the option to put all their cash in a card like what SFMM is doing and they went cashless upon reopening

3. The cards will be charged $3.95 per month if no activity is made in a 92 day period

4. Cannot reload the cards but up to $500 can be loaded and can be used anywhere outside of Knotts where VISA is accepted.

Darkbeer1

The point is that Cash is still accepted, but at a Reverse ATM. The machines are serviced by a Third Party, so Cash is not handled by the Associates. No more dealing with cash drawers, making change, etc.

The games department did this years ago, where you use a Game Card. But in this case, you need to use a credit card or cash to buy the Game Card.

Now, you have the option to use a credit/debit card. multiple forms of App Payments, or get the No Fee Debit Card, if used within 90 days.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The point is that Cash is still accepted, but at a Reverse ATM. The machines are serviced by a Third Party, so Cash is not handled by the Associates. No more dealing with cash drawers, making change, etc.

The games department did this years ago, where you use a Game Card. But in this case, you need to use a credit card or cash to buy the Game Card.

Now, you have the option to use a credit/debit card. multiple forms of App Payments, or get the No Fee Debit Card, if used within 90 days.

My point stands. No one wants to put cold hard cash on a card and pay fees. I want to use my cash. They need to take all forms of payment in all locations not just the parkkng lot

Last edited:

Emmanuel

Six Flags Magic Mountain went cashless when they reopened months ago. Difference is that Knotts is only going cashless in the theme park. Marketplace, Hotel and Parking Booths will still take cash

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 7.32.11 AM.png

Andrew25

I didn't say a year or give a time frame. But a business that wont accept PHYSICAL ****ING MONEY won't last. It will have to either go out of business or change and start accepting cash again. One of the two. If Knott's stays with this long term they will lose money and eventually go out of business. It may take many years but it will happen.

lol, the majority of transactions nowadays are done through cards or apple pay.

Knott's will continue to exist, especially with locals moving/cancelling their Magic Keys

Darkbeer1

>>The move makes sense from both a customer service and operations standpoint. Cashless payments are faster for customers who spend less time waiting for employees to make change at checkout stations. The park also doesn’t have to spend time and labor counting cash or pay for armored cars to haul all that money back and forth to the bank.<<

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom