All things Europa Park!

mrflo

Great idea! EP was the first theme park I ever visited and I usually still go back at least once per year.

The way the family-run park/resort has evolved over the last decades is very impressive - not just from a footprint and number of offerings but also level of detail, story-telling & innovations. In case people don't know - Europa-Park belongs to the Mack family who also own Mack Rides (manufacturer for e.g. Slinky Dog Dash in WDW or some of the new coasters for Epic Universe).

Has anyone already tried their new Voltron coaster? Seems like they really raised the bar with that one.

cjkeating

Has anyone already tried their new Voltron coaster? Seems like they really raised the bar with that one.
Not yet. I typically visit every 2 years in May. Last year was the 2 years but we deleted because Voltron was opening this year. And then we weren't sure when is was opening so we are going in September.

I've been very impressed how reliable it has been from opening as it's a complex ride with the multiple launches, multiple vehicles etc. It's getting very good reviews.

SplashJacket

Voltron is absolutely world-class. Potential challenger to VelociCoaster as my favorite in the world. Truly epic.

Only got one ride due to such insane lines, but epic overall. The off-ride paths and tower and land interaction shows the love Mack has for their craft.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not yet. I typically visit every 2 years in May. Last year was the 2 years but we deleted because Voltron was opening this year. And then we weren't sure when is was opening so we are going in September.

I've been very impressed how reliable it has been from opening as it's a complex ride with the multiple launches, multiple vehicles etc. It's getting very good reviews.
I long for the day when light trap doors work below the track too (not aimed directly just at this ride)

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Original Poster
Ah, simply the best way to start the stay.

IMG_3647.jpeg

SouthDakotaTink

I had a trip planned to go for September of 2020 for 5 days staying at the Colosseo with Rulantica included but alas I couldn't go as I live in the US. I tried to re-book for the following year but still wasn't allowed in the country with travel restrictions.

I can't wait to finally go but I have an elderly dog now that I can't leave for that long of travel. When she passes I will 100% be going to Europa Park! I can't wait.

UpAllNight

Honestly, unless you can work out a way to fly into Basel, the path of least resistance is hiring a rental car from Stuttgart.

Never fancied driving abroad to be honest. ThemeParkWorldwide have done some handy travel vlogs but I don’t know…I want to go but there are easier options, like Efteling, DLP, Phantasia and the easiest of them all…Port Aventura. That place is a dream to get to from a lot of U.K. airports. Easy transfer time at destination too. Love it. Arguably easier to get to from NE England than it is to get to Alton Towers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom