All That Jazz

MouseDreaming

I have been working on planning our upcoming June trip, and I am trying to find some new things to do. My 14 year old DS is a big jazz fan. He is constantly playing on his trumpet. I am not sure how he will manage a week away from it, so I thought maybe if we could listen to some, that might help? So, where in the world can I take a 14 year old boy to listen to jazz?

luv

Not sure. someone will know. but if they don't...

Does he have an iPod? I am guessing that if he is 14, he does...especially if he enjoys music that has most 14yo kids scrunching up their noses. (Good for him!). Many hotels have speakers for iPods and iPhones, but if yours doesn't, you can get cheap, small speakers that will take up very little packing space. :)

It's nice to have music you like in your room. :)

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Not sure. someone will know. but if they don't...

Does he have an iPod? I am guessing that if he is 14, he does...especially if he enjoys music that has most 14yo kids scrunching up their noses. (Good for him!). Many hotels have speakers for iPods and iPhones, but if yours doesn't, you can get cheap, small speakers that will take up very little packing space. :)

It's nice to have music you like in your room. :)
Believe it or not, he doesn't. (Poor deprived boy). But, a very good suggestion. This is actually one of the reasons we are doing a split stay. He told me he couldn't imagine not hearing the music they play at POFQ when on vacation. So, split between a Royal Room at POR, and then the big move to the big easy ;).

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Elliot Dyson plays a variety of music and is very talented. He performs on select nights (usually Wed-Sun., I think) outside of Scat Cats at Port Orleans French Quarter.
Agree with @Tinkerkell..POFQ has Elliot Dyson. Great all rounder with a jazz flavour .;)
I am with @Tinkerkell and @real mad hatter! Elliot Dyson plays Wed -Sat at POFQ. He is very talented! He is actually in Universal Studios on Tuesdays, too!
Sometimes the best solution is right under your nose. We have listened to snippets of his show in the past, but have never heard anything I would call jazz. We always manage to catch "Celebration". Of course, we are usually around long enough to get a treat and move along. Guess we should pull up a table and enjoy a cold frosty one (root beer, of course!).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom