All Star's Music Resort question

EmeraldDolphin

I was told by a CM of our local Disney Store today that I should request the Calypso section of All Star's Music Resort... has anyone stayed there to know if this is good advice??? Thanks in advance!! :)

BRER STITCH

Hi EMERALD DOLPHIN!!! :wave:

I have stayed in that building.
It's the same as all the others EXCEPT....

It's closest to the main building, the main pool, and food court.

For that, I believe they now call it a "Preferred" location and charge more for those rooms.

That's the only difference!

My suggestion? Save the money and take your chances! :lol:

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Right. I think it's $10 more per night. (that's 4 Mickey ice creams)

Take a look at a map of the resort and see if it seems worth it to you.

You can find a map here .

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Honestly, it's good advice. HOWEVER, I'd personally book at the cheapest rate possible, and then when you check in, ask to pick your building. They don't assign you one until you get there.

We saved over a hundred bucks on our last stay at Movies by doing this, and had a view of the main pool and a walk that COULD NOT have been shorter to the food court and bus stops. They'll let you pick any building except the preferred, and there are 2 other "non-preferred" buildings that are right next to those two, with the same good view. Heck, you're not even guaranteed a poolside view in one of those buildings. You could end up paying for a view of a tree.:)

Upvote 0

rokcandy

My family stayed in Calypso a few years ago and did not enjoy it very much. We're CB freaks, so we wanted the closest thing to there, but it was just too noisy and crowded. We were then thrown into the Broadway section during the next trip - which I thought was a bad idea due to a long walk to the food court. I was quite mistaken - the walk was equivalent to one from Aruba to the food court in CB, which I'm used to.

My point? Try Broadway or something farther back - it's quieter and not that bad of a walk. But if you don't mind the noise and will be heading on the bus a lot, then go w/ Calypso - it looks nice, at least. ;)

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

It is true that the Calypso buildings are the closest to the main lobby (bus terminals, food court, etc).

However, they are also right next to the main pool of the resort. Also, due to the layout of the resort, it is also the busiest section because everybody walks past the Calypso buildings to get to the bus stations.

The Jazz buildings aren't that shabby. They're the next farthest out from the main lobby, and they still get a decent amount of traffic. However, they don't have the main resort pool right next to them either.

Upvote 0

RandeB

Quiet Calypso-ing

We stayed at Calypso twice (before it was "Preferred").

One time got room facing pool. After one fairly sleepless night, got switched to the rear of the building.

I for one have no problem with a room with a view of a tree since we close the curtains most of the time anyway and don't usually sit in the room at all.

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

We stayed in Calypso last September, (preferrered), and I can't complain. I didn't find it to be all that noisy with the door closed, and the convenience to the food court/bus stops, was worth it to me. (Maybe in the busy season the noise levels are worse?)

We had a ground floor room, poolside, about four rooms from the end near the food court. I don't mind walking around the parks all day, but a mile hike to the food court at night is not my thing.:)

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

We have stayed at the Calypso and the Jazz buildings. I will not stay in the Calypso again due to the noise coming from the pool area. We are talking people screaming until well after 2:00am. If you want a little more peace and quiet, stay at the Jazz building, it is only 2 extra minutes walking time.

Upvote 0

EmeraldDolphin

Original Poster
thanks everyone for the info! I think based on what you're all saying here I wouldn't enjoy being in Calypso... I'd rather be farther back & a bit quieter... I don't mind the walk!

Upvote 0

careship

We have always just taken what we could get. When we checked in we would ask for closest, when my kids were little. Caring a sleeping child or 2 on the bus through the htel to the room could sometimes be murder. I have to tell you though. One year we ended up with both kids asleep each carrying one, plus our bags and stroller. We ended up on the last bus and staying at Music was nice, before Movies was around, the bus driver many times told us stay on the bus and would drive us closer to our room so as not to have to walk so far. God Bless those Bus Drivers.

Upvote 0

Dopey Dave

We stayed in the Jazz building last year and it is almost as close as Calypso and you don't pay the extra $10. We also asked for a king sized bed since it was just the two of us and they gave us a handicapped room. You get a free refrig with that. A bonus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom