All Star Sports Question

I booked a preferred room at the All Star Sports last month for 4 nights. When I called Disney to add an extra night, I asked if they could note my request for a specific building and also asked for a room with a king size bed. The CM that I spoke with told me that the All Star Sports does not have rooms with king size beds, only doubles. Does anyone know if this is true? I could have sworn I came across information or pictures SOMEWHERE that lead me to believe they have king size beds.

Ashleigh

We stayed at All-Star Sports in 2007 and I know for sure that they had rooms with a king bed at that time because they mistakenly gave us a room with a king bed and we had to switch rooms. I don't know if they have changed or updated the rooms since then, but in 2007 they did.

Upvote 0

drossjr

I booked a preferred room at the All Star Sports last month for 4 nights. When I called Disney to add an extra night, I asked if they could note my request for a specific building and also asked for a room with a king size bed. The CM that I spoke with told me that the All Star Sports does not have rooms with king size beds, only doubles. Does anyone know if this is true? I could have sworn I came across information or pictures SOMEWHERE that lead me to believe they have king size beds.

I've stayed their twice and always had doubles. Maybe your thinking of one of the other Value resorts?? Not sure I havent stayed at them and will not again, had very bad encounters at the All Star Sports both times, room was dirty, food court was really dirty, the soda refill station was always gross with spilled soda that would never get cleaned up and would turn to a almost gelatine, and a rude CM at the front desk and Gift Store, If you can I would switch to POP or Music/Movies people on here seem to like them better

Upvote 0

paul436

The last time I stayed at one of the All-Star resorts (I can't believe I can't remember which one now) I had a king sized bed. But it was a handicapped accessible room. I didn't request it as I am not disabled in any way but was given that room. Maybe only the handicapped accessible rooms have king-sized beds.

I just checked here http://allears.net/acc/faq_as.htm and the above seems to be accurate.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am fairly sure that All Star Sports does have rooms with king size beds but they are all handicap accessible rooms. You can request one but if you are not disabled you will fall to the bottom of the list.

Upvote 0

Master Gracey 5

You might not be able to get a king size bed in the preferred buildings that you requested. I stayed in a preferred building at All Star Movies near the main entrance and had double beds back in 2008. It might also be that all king size rooms have been booked for the period you are going and won't be available your entire stay. It would be worth calling back and trying again or at least putting a note on your reservation to have them check availability for you at check in.

Upvote 0

blackveil88

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your replies! I will ask when I check in, although it's really not too big of a deal!

I've stayed their twice and always had doubles. Maybe your thinking of one of the other Value resorts?? Not sure I havent stayed at them and will not again, had very bad encounters at the All Star Sports both times, room was dirty, food court was really dirty, the soda refill station was always gross with spilled soda that would never get cleaned up and would turn to a almost gelatine, and a rude CM at the front desk and Gift Store, If you can I would switch to POP or Music/Movies people on here seem to like them better

Hmm I have stayed at the All Star Sports with my family quite a few times, and I can't recall anything we didn't like about it. We always stayed in the Surfs Up, my favorite building. However, our last stay there was in 2005, when I was a teenager. Has much changed since then? I have stayed at both the Movies and Music before as well. I loved the Movies, but didn't like the theming of the Music. This will be my first trip planned by myself... I'm now feeling pretty indecisive! :lol: I am taking my boyfriend for his birthday (he has never been to Disney!!), so I want everything to be perfect! I recall seeing another thread comparing the All Stars, so I will go ahead and check that out!

Upvote 0

drossjr

Thanks everyone for your replies! I will ask when I check in, although it's really not too big of a deal!

Hmm I have stayed at the All Star Sports with my family quite a few times, and I can't recall anything we didn't like about it. We always stayed in the Surfs Up, my favorite building. However, our last stay there was in 2005, when I was a teenager. Has much changed since then? I have stayed at both the Movies and Music before as well. I loved the Movies, but didn't like the theming of the Music. This will be my first trip planned by myself... I'm now feeling pretty indecisive! :lol: I am taking my boyfriend for his birthday (he has never been to Disney!!), so I want everything to be perfect! I recall seeing another thread comparing the All Stars, so I will go ahead and check that out!

Yeah sorry to say I had a horriable experience in 2006 at the Sports with my fiance, it was her first trip so it was really disapointing, The other time was back in 97. Stayed at the Home Run Hotel both times The experiences I had and the cast of people I had to deal with I refuse to stay at those resorts any more. Usually stick with POR, this year its AKL for our honeymoon and next year will be WL. Good luck with All Star Sports

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom