All star resorts...

Bodyfather

Original Poster
...is there any real difference between the 3 resorts? Looking at booking in one next year but can't make my mind up...

Also, having only stayed at moderate resorts in the past, am I going to be disappointed at a value resort?

belledream

There's really no difference other than theme. All Star Music does have a small courtyard with a fountain that the others don't have, plus the Family Suites for bigger parties, but that's about it.

We've been staying at values for a while now and never feel disappointed because that's exactly what they are - values. I've stayed at many of the deluxes and mods and those are obviously better made for more complete experiences. I don't think you will be disappointed as long as you know what you're getting when you stay there. :)

Bodyfather

Original Poster
There's really no difference other than theme. All Star Music does have a small courtyard with a fountain that the others don't have, plus the Family Suites for bigger parties, but that's about it.

We've been staying at values for a while now and never feel disappointed because that's exactly what they are - values. I've stayed at many of the deluxes and mods and those are obviously better made for more complete experiences. I don't think you will be disappointed as long as you know what you're getting when you stay there. :)

Thanks
We stayed at carribbean beach last visit but were rarely at the resort(lovely though it was) anyway so figured we'd go value and get a longer trip for the same price

Goofy4TheWorld

The only time I am disappointed is when I stay at a Moderate or Deluxe! While they may have some redeeming qualities about them, I never walk away from a Moderate/Deluxe trip not feeling disappointed in what I got for what I spent. I actually miss the Value resort atmosphere and always swear that I won't go back to anything but Value, but of course the others are on my bucket list and I always cave.

DisneyJoe

...is there any real difference between the 3 resorts? Looking at booking in one next year but can't make my mind up...

Also, having only stayed at moderate resorts in the past, am I going to be disappointed at a value resort?
Have you considered Pop Century?

Personally, I would always choose Pop Century over the All-Stars due to Pop never sharing buses and I feel Pop has a better location on Disney property.

Last edited:

daisyduckie

Well, if you are used to using the sit down restaurant at your resort you will be disappointed. If you will miss a queen sized bed you will be disappointed. If neither of those things matter, you should be fine. Oh, and if you like a pool with a slide, you may miss that as well.

momof1princess

The only reason we go moderate is for queen size beds. Really. It's a high price to pay to be slightly more comfortable at night. If you don't care about that I don't think you will miss a thing if you choose value.

Disney4family

We used to love All-Star Sports. It was fun, exciting and full of magic. Sport Goofy was a fun store. We stayed in the Home Run Hotel since my husband loves baseball. After we had kids, we paid for the preferred rooms in Surfs Up. I have friends who are football fanatics and can't wait to stay in Touchdown.
The bus would come here first. If it filled up (which practically happened all the time), we went straight to the parks. We rarely had to go to the other 2 resorts first. They're right next to each other so it didn't matter. It was the first stop on the way home after the parks, too.
I'm small so the beds never bothered me. Of course, I got to sleep with two kids who turn sideways. (Not very magical waking up with feet in your face.) My husband always got his own bed so he never complained either. The bathroom was small, but it's a bathroom. You're on vacation. You deal with the door hitting your knees while you're on the pot. It's fine.
We stayed at the CBR once. Honestly, we missed Sports. We didn't like how large the moderate resort was. It took an eternity to stop at all the resort stops even before we were able to go to the parks.

Bacon

All stars suck at least try to get pop century its rooms are nicer and a tiny bit more expensive but worth it (or art of animation)

oceanbreeze77

The only time I am disappointed is when I stay at a Moderate or Deluxe! While they may have some redeeming qualities about them, I never walk away from a Moderate/Deluxe trip not feeling disappointed in what I got for what I spent. I actually miss the Value resort atmosphere and always swear that I won't go back to anything but Value, but of course the others are on my bucket list and I always cave.
The atmosphere is one of the reasons the all stars is my fave. Im not a fan of places that are too quite. Theres a feeling of being surrounded by company and having something to do.

BigRedDad

I have only been there once. I did not have any issue with the resort itself. The buses at times were a pain. There were only 2 instances of it being bad. First was AK for ADRs. We were at the stop at 6:45, ADRs at 7:45. The bus was there about 7AM and it took almost 40 minutes to get to AK. The ECV Brigades thought they could just run right up, load 50 people on the bus and be gone. The people that had been waiting discussed it with the bus driver. The 2 ECVs got on first and one accompanying guest with them. Then they loaded the rest of the bus from the front of the line. The ECV Brigades were fighting trying to get on because they were being separated. The second was another ECV Brigade. They pull up 3 ECVs right as the bus arrives. The bus only has room for 2. They was a big fight because they all had to be together. The driver told them to wait for a bus that could take 3 at a time if they had to stay together.

Outside of those 2 instances, buses were great. Usually the AS resorts had only one pickup location at the parks and they constantly had buses arriving.

bunnyman

I seem to remember that Sports used to have the largest number of school groups than the other two, but I may be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom