All Star Resorts

wolfpack

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on staying at the All Star Resorts (i.e. rooms, amenities, especially the bus service!). I can't see spending $$$ for a room when we'll be at the parks the majority of the day/night. I'd rather spend $$$ for meals and shopping. By the way we'll be traveling with an 8yr old and a 2yr old; so the transportation issue is a big factor!
Thanks! Much appreciated!

LUV4Goofy

I already called them to see if we can get another room and they have none available. The next available room that will fit 5 is at the Contemporary. It's the hospitality suite and the total for 4 nites would be $4010.30. Uh----a little too much money for my pocketbook!!! I'd be having to eat PB & J samdwiches for breakfast, lunch & dinnfer for the next 12 months!!!! They said to call a a few times a day from now until Sunday for any cancellations because they ALWAYS have some sort of cancellation. So we'll see what happens by then. Even though this has happened it still won't dampen my WDW trip.

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Crib for a almoar 3 yr old

Hi. My husband and I are taking our son, who will be almost 3 to Disney in Dec. 2006 and wanted to know if you think he would need a crib or should just sleep with us?

Thanks
Trentmom

Upvote 0

JKovach

Account Suspended
Hey, I just wanna say this;

Stay at the Pop Century

All Stars are all very nice, for value that is. You'll be perfectly fine in them! However, Pop Century is the exact same thing with different theming, and with better transportation. The All Stars have the buses stop at EACH All-star, so... if you stay at whichever is first... you'll get on the bus, and have two more stops before going to the parks... if you're staying at the last one in line... the bus might be full and you may either not get on... or more likely, you wont have a place to sit... and then when coming back at night from the parks, you'll have two stops prior to getting off...

Pop Century is its only stop, therefore... transportation is no problem. So, my vote if you haven't selected a resort yet, stay at Pop Century!

No matter where you stay you'll love it! So have fun, and enjoy! :wave:

Upvote 0

BrerPete

If you have children and don't mind other peoples' children then it is a great value. Food court is great also.

Problems: Buses tend to get crowded fast due to the amount of people who are staying at the resorts. Also, we went in August once and there were tour groups from different areas of South America. When I say tour groups I mean 150 to 200 teenage girls in each group moving together at the food court, the pool, and worse, getting on the buses.

Upvote 0

Fran98765

TrentMom said:
Hi. My husband and I are taking our son, who will be almost 3 to Disney in Dec. 2006 and wanted to know if you think he would need a crib or should just sleep with us?

Thanks
Trentmom

It will really depends on your son. My son is 2.5 now and he's been twice. First time at 19 mos, he did the crib perfectly well. We brought his crib blanket and pillow and stuffed toys so it would be more familiar for him. When we went in May, he was 28 mos and had quit using the crib at home. We had him sleep with me in one of the beds. We got a crib rail for one side of the bed and it worked out really well. We again brought him a blanket from home and 1 stuffed Pooh. He did really well, except he was so excited some evenings he didn't want to go to bed. One of us took him for a walk or a quick swim and then he went to bed just fine.

Upvote 0

col

i stayed at the all star sports and i loved it. the room was fine coz i was in the parks every day. in my room there was 2 double beds, a tv with control, 5 draws, a table with 2 chairs, in the bathroom was a shampoo and body wash dispenser, a shower/bath, toilet, outside the bathroom was a sink, by the sink was a safe and a rail with hangers to put clothes on.

where i stayed was the american football and of a night me and kids played for ages.

the hotel was just right i mean if you are going to spend your time in a park all day, i walked around the hotel one day and thought it was fab.

the pools where good.

the dining area was big with the drinks machine in the middle.

the buses where 94% of the time always there so you didnt have to wait long but there are chairs that you can sit on with fans above them.

my verdict is that even though it was my first time staying at a disney resort i loved it and cant wait to go back.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

My family and I have been 3 times in the last three years and all were at All Star Movies! We loved it and when my girls (now 8 and 5) see video of the Deluxe and Moderate Resorts they say "they just don't look like Disney!". The oversized theme of all your favorite characters is great. After check in we walked around the Movies and found all kind of smaller statues which were great for picture taking! And the pools were great! Our next trip we are going to try Pop Century! Have fun and do not rush too much, 'cause you may miss some Magic!

Upvote 0

col

forgot to add this: when you get on the bus it goes to the all star music and movies which adds time to getting to the park and coming back from a resort 9 times out of 10 it goes to the sports first. i totally enjoyed my time there when i go in december im staying at pop century as i booked it before going to the all star sports.

Upvote 0

Disneydreaming

I have stayed at all the All Stars several times and we prefer the Sports and will be staying there for our 3rd time this week. I like the layout, the prefered rooms are a few steps away from the pool, main building, food court and bus stop. The food court is as good as any moderate or deluxe. Can't wait, we will be there in 48 hours :sohappy: !!!!!

Upvote 0

TimonRulz

Our first trip we stayed at All-Star Movies. It was fun, and from where I am from, we don't have Cherry Coke (fountain drink that is, not a bottle) so that was a little extra perk to me! I took advantage of the cup you buy and get free refills for your entire trip. POP Century is where we stayed last year and where we are staying this year. No Cherry Coke when we went last yeasr :)cry: ) but it is a lot of fun. I love the way they are designed and all the huge icons. That is definitely my choice for a place to stay.

Upvote 0

NeedABreak

We don't spend anytime in our room so we always stay at the Pop Century now. The food court is a nice option for familys too, you can get just about any kind of quick food (pizza, donuts, burgers,salad, ect), pay for it all at once and then just take it up to your room. We stayed in the front 50's building last time so we were pretty much sitting on top of the food court and lounge.

If you have kids they will love the theaming (I still love strolling around the giant icons of Americana and getting funny pictures)

The only real drawback for me was that I have to go to the lobby to get wireless internet access, but most people don't bring there laptop on vacation (I am a computer freak)

If you really want that delux or moderate luxury on your trip I would suggest booking one night at another hotel. Most times they will move your luggage for you. It's just about hassle free.

:sohappy: :sohappy: ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

can'twaittilnovembercan'twaittilnovembercan'twaittilnovembercan'twaittilnovember

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

We stayed at all star movies in February and loved it. There were 4 of us in the room - My husband, myself, 14 year old and a 4 year old and while the rooms are not huge we had no problem with it. We paid the extra 10. I believe and got a preferred room and didn't have to walk that far to get to the main building, busses, etc. The pool was great and the kids loved the movie statues. The busses ran pretty well. We never waited longer than 15 minutes to go to a park. Coming back from the parks was a little longer, especially magic kingdom, where we sometimes waited 20-30 minutes. It was kind of tiring after walking all day but luckily someone always got up to let us sit down with our 4 year old who was usually falling asleep at that point. I thought the movie resort was great and that's where we are staying again this year and we are even taking our 1 year old with us this time. I can't see spending $3,000. for a room that we only sleep in when we can spend less than $1,000. for the value resort. We loved it there.

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Fran98765, Thanks for your reply. Did you get a crib rail from home or can you get them at the resort?

To all, does anyone know if you are able to book yet for Dec 2006? I called in June and they said try in a couple of months back.

Thanks
Trentmom

Disney 2006

Upvote 0

ypcat

Fran's DH here. We just asked for the bed rails at check in and they were delivered to our room and had no charge.

I know they have announced prices for 2006, so you should be able to make your res now. I did some preliminary price checking yesterday for our trip next January.

Upvote 0

S_Grise

awallaceunc said:
If you're going for a week or more (which is very affordable to do these days), then you might want to get an Annual Pass. If you get one of those, it's actually the same price to stay at a Moderate Resort as it is a Value for this summer.-Aaron
Really?? Only for the summer? I've been toying with the idea of a surprise trip for my mother in December. This wouldn't be true then?

Upvote 0

Fran98765

S_Grise said:
Really?? Only for the summer? I've been toying with the idea of a surprise trip for my mother in December. This wouldn't be true then?

The AP rates have not yet been released past October yet, so no guarantees. It also depends when in December you plan on travelling... the earlier parts of the month are more likely to get good AP rates, then just before Xmas-NYE.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Bed rails or pack-n-play cribs are availiable at all Disney Resorts for free. To ensure availibility, it's best to request them when you book your resort reservation.

Enjoy your stay! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

S_Grise

Fran98765 said:
The AP rates have not yet been released past October yet, so no guarantees. It also depends when in December you plan on travelling... the earlier parts of the month are more likely to get good AP rates, then just before Xmas-NYE.
Thanks. We're considering Dec. 1st - 5th.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
The Disney value resorts are definitely the best place in the world to stay for under $80! They are awesome for what you pay!

I've been to all four. They are all basically the same, just different themes. I'd rank them....

1. Pop Century
2. All Star Movies
3. All Star Music
4. All Star Sports

The only things I dislike about the value resorts is that you have to take a bus to get around if you didn't drive (no boats/monorails), and they are so huge you about die walking to the bus stop and back if your room is in the back of the resorts.

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak529

In June 2002 we stayed at All Star Sports & had a great time. The rooms were nice the area was nice. The pools were so cute and we loved it. The food court was great and a good price. The mug (all you can drink) was great to! It's a wonderful place to stay if you want to save money.

I want to stay at Pop c. because I have heard so many good things about it from this forum. Good luck with your choice!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom