All Star Music

kidbiz

Hello everyone, Just received confirmation from our coach that we will be staying at the All Star Music resort. I don't know much about it, could you please inform me of all (good and bad) about it. I know I will be there with 2000 other cheerleaders (I am a cheer mom) - so as far as that goes - just give it to me like it is. I like to be well informed. Thank you in advance for all your help! Kidbiz:sohappy:

raven

I love ASM. Depending on what building you are in, be prepared to walk though. It is spread out and some rooms are a 10 minute walk from the lobby area. The Food Court and shop are great and everything is perfectly theamed. Rooms are small though, so if you have more than 2 people in a room, it can get very crowded.

No complaints from me other than this is a resort with a lot of kids in it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

gjpjtj

Originally posted by kidbiz
I know I will be there with 2000 other cheerleaders (I am a cheer mom) - so as far as that goes - just give it to me like it is. I like to be well informed. Thank you in advance for all your help! Kidbiz:sohappy:

Here is a link to All Ears Net (Formerly WDWIG), they have many good facts about the resorts! As for being there with 2000 Cheerleaders, good luck!!! (When are you going...I want to make sure to avoid it that week!):lol:

Click Here for All Star Music on WDWIG

Upvote 0

Danijo

My husband, son, parents, sister-in-law, niece and nephew stayed at AS Music last May.

We stayed in the Jazz building between the two pools facing a small park that led to the parking lot. You probably won't have much choice over your room location so be prepared for a walk if you are at the back of the resort.

The food court is smaller than the one at AS Movies but works pretty well. Definitely purchase the refillable mugs - saves a bundle.

The bus system works pretty well even though you share with AS Sports and Movies. Music is the first pickup and dropoff so you luck out there. The trip to AK is just about 5 minutes. The longest trip (about 15-20 minutes) is to MK. You are also within reasonable walking distance of a huge McDonald's. Be prepared though that since you are at a Value Resort the AS bus stops at the parks are usually the farthest from the entrance.

The pools were active all day long but we never ran into over-crowding.

All in all, we had a good visit. Rooms were clean, friendly staff, well-kept grounds as is par for Disney.

Upvote 0

kidbiz

Original Poster
The NASCC Cheerleading competition is March 11-16 - with competitions at the MGM on Saturday and Wide World of Sports on Sun. The other days are "fluff". We stayed at the POR last year and loved it (before remodeling). Kidbiz
ps. thanks for the link!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Yep. I'm counting the days until group check-ins are back. :D

Most of the groups get placed in Rock 3 and 4, Country 5 and 6, and then Broadway 7 and 8. There are some that get placed into Jazz 2.

Rarely will anyone from a group be placed in Calypso 1 and 10 or Jazz 9 (Jazz 9 if any of these).

For the competitions, there will be bus transportation that isn't provided by Disney, although as a parent, you may be forced to take Disney transportation. For the non-Disney transportation you will need to have your badge.

More than likely, the groups will be checking in at Celebrity Hall. You'll basically get your room keys, go register, pick up tickets if you ordered some through the group and go to your room. If you do get luggage assistance, you will need to tag your bags you want us to carry. We will then deliver all the bags to one room and you will need to seperate them then.

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I've stayed at the ASM twice in my lifetime: a long time ago (can't remember when) and in December when I sang at the Candlelight Processional. All in all, I didn't enjoy my stay both times. We stayed in one of the Jazz buildings, and the walk to the food court was very short. The food court is ok. The beds aren't that comfortable though and the rooms are small. In fact, the only thing I like about the place is Maestro Mickey's, the gift shop. Enjoy your trip.:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom