All STAR MOVIES

disneydudette

Myself my mom....and 4 family friends are staying at the ASM.......
It's all of our first times down at the All Star resorts!:) :)

I tried to find a good review but no such luck......:veryconfu

It seems a lot of u have stayed there......ne help would be great.......

and if u have photos.....that would be a big plus too!:D

Thanx a bunch.....:wave: :kiss:

Dwarful

When are you going? We are going Sat. for ten days...first time at movies...but we have been satisfied with the sports and music before...although we go for the parks mostly not fancy rooms or anything..but I will post when I get back if you aren't going til after June 3rd.

Upvote 0

MKCustodial

I stayed at Music once, and it's really great. You probably saw people saying that they had better experiences at moderate and deluxe resorts. Personally, I think Disney CMs will be nice to you wherever you are, but the other resorts may have other perks, since you're paying more. I think the AS theme is great, specially Movies, it's really Disney. Besides, as someone has posted before, all rooms look alike when you're sleeping. Unless you're not on a tight budget and you have time to enjoy whatever activities the resorts offer, do go with the All-Stars, they're well worth the price.

Upvote 0

moonchild

stayed at Movies and I loved it! We were not there much, really only to shower, sleep and grab a bite in the morning. It was clean, inexpensive and convenient. Here's a pix from Toy Story:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

Bert

reply about moview

I think you will like it there. The poor reviews were most likely because of the comparing to other resorts. You have to remember that it is the least expensive of the disney resorts, but also remember it is a Disney resort. Like most things disney it is a cut above the rest. Enjoy!:) :)

Upvote 0

WDW1992

We have stayed at the Dolphin and PO-FQ and my kids LOVE the AS Movies the most. It really is a fun place to stay - especially with kids. Another reason - do the math! This trip (8 nights) it would cost us $500 extra to stay at a moderate over the AS. That would buy you a lot of nice dinners - or perhaps an extra few days at WDW!

Biggest complaints I have seen have been with the room size and noise. While small the room size didn't bother us - and we had a crib! We have a lot of space at home so being squished for one week was no big deal. Noise was not a factor AT ALL. We stayed at the Dalmations building and it was very queit.

I would not suggest the AS if you were looking for a romantic getaway or if you use a lot of hotel services. There are no bikes or boats to rent. Only place to jog is around the hotels and pools - there aren't any nice trails (that I have seen any way) like at some of the other pricier resorts. If you are looking for a place to sleep and maybe take a quick swim after a long, hard day at the parks then I don't think you can go wrong at any of the All Stars. If you have kids then they will *LOVE* the Movies!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Original Poster
AWSOME.......

We don't have ne desire to rent boats or nething.......and the jogging trails are no big deal.......

We go the last week in august.....

but I was looking at a map and noticed that I would prefer to stay at the Mighty Ducks building ( my daughter and her friend are ice hockey players) or the 101 Dalmations building........

I was looking at opur reservationas and apparently we have one standard (for our family friends) and a premier for us 3.......

Apparently the premeir is the buildings closer to the food court and main building also coast 10 more a night...I guess it ws something new they added because so many people were asking for rooms by the main building........

But the MD and 101D buildings seemed to be more secluded and by a pool.....

do u think we could gaurentee a room in that area and give up our premeir room??

At the time my mom called they siad all they had left was 1 standard so we took 1 standard and 1 premeir......

could we swich rooms with our family friends (she has 2 little girls.....would utilize the room better than us)

ne help would be great!

Upvote 0

TiggerDaddy

The only time that I don't enjoy staying at ASM is when you are right in the middle of several groups of kids or ball teams. They tend to do what kids do best...make a lot of noise.

Upvote 0

strutter

Hello everyone. I am new here. I must say that this site is just amazing. My wife and I have only been to WDW 2 or 3 times. We are going in late August with our 5 year old daughter. This will be her first trip.

What do you all do to stop being so anxious about going. It is over 3 months until we go and I just can't stand the wait. I am anxiously waiting to see the look on my daughter's face when we drive up to the main gates.

Disneydudette: when are you going? We will be there August 29th also staying at the ASM resort. This will be our first time staying on property.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by disneydudette
Apparently the premeir is the buildings closer to the food court and main building also coast 10 more a night...I guess it ws something new they added because so many people were asking for rooms by the main building........

But the MD and 101D buildings seemed to be more secluded and by a pool.....

I can't quite comment on Movies... but my mother stayed at Music a few weeks ago... She thought it was cute, and an adequate resort... (You won't get the theming or amenities of a Deluxe resort... including some bell services...) But it is still a Disney resort, and the Cast Members are just as helpful and friendly and wonderful. :)

She stayed in the Rock 'n Roll building, which is one of the further buildings from the main building... When I looked at the map, I thought it was going to be a huge walk... but when I walked it myself... it really wasn't far at all! (It's always funny to hear people complaining about walking to thier room, but then not mind walking 3x as far to get to Cinderella Castle.)

Oh, and not to mention, it was near the "Adult" pool... (I say adult pool, because everyone, especially all the kids were all the front pool... and the back pool was practically empty)

So, personally... if the only difference between "Premiere" and "Standard" is location... save yourself the $10/night, and use it to treat yourself with a lil something special!

Upvote 0

WDW1992

Strutter - Glad to hear you are so excited about your upcoming trip to WDW. Three months *does* feel like an eternity when you are waiting for your WDW vacation to arrive (I have 5 more months to go, sigh..). Visiting this board and corresponding with other Disney fanatics will help. I find that I bore all my friends and family by talking about it all the time so that's why I come here! Have you made any ps's anywhere? Your 5 y/o would LOVE Chef Mickeys - that is my kids favorite place to eat in all of WDW.

Upvote 0

strutter

Yes we have PS scheduled for Chef Mickey's on August 30. I know what you mean about boring friends with constant talk about going to WDW. I try not to talk about it out of the house.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Original Poster
Thanx guys....

24-31

excited...even thought its 3 months away!!:hammer:

Can't believe I'm already thinking bout my next disney trip..and go on one in 4 days!!

Upvote 0

danamarie27

My daughter and I stayed in ASM in 2000. I really enjoyed it. It is most definatley catered to children but more than comfortable for us "kids at heart". Try requesting a room in Fantasia. It is close to the center of things (pool, bar, etc.). I was out in Mighty Ducks and it made things a little difficult for me and a 6 yr old.

Hope this was of some help.:animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom