All-Star Movies

Dwarful

Ok now that we have our reservations for Cinderellas breakfast I can worry about the other things! We are staying at all-star movies. We have two rooms..travelling w/5 kids~ we have never stayed at movies only at music and sports. So if you could give me some opinions on what part of the hotel i should ask for it would be a big help. Would like to be near things since we are travelling w/a 2,5,8,12 & 15 yr old. Thanks for the info~

Dwarful

Original Poster
Hey Guru congrats on hitting the 150 mark:) I am only half way there! Thanks for all of the info. The big thing for us is to not have to walk miles for everything...at the Music our first visit we were way out there!Crowds dont seem to bother us...so tired after a full day could probably sleep next to train tracks! But I do appreciate the info because I am totally unfamiliar w/movies layout!

Upvote 0

copper

All Star movies

All Star movies is better then All Star Music. The food court is much larger and doesn't feel as crowded. Try to stay close to the food court ie: buses, pool etc. We stayed in one of the dalmation buildings in march '00 and it was close to everything. My last trip was in Oct/01 and we stayed at the All Star Music and would never stay again. Huge groups of extremely loud kids!!!! I have 8 year old twins so i know loud. We were awaken almost every night. I think the All Stars are a hit or miss. I would suggest a moderate and look on mousesavers.com for deals. Also the buses that go to All Stars were always crowded no matter what park we went to. I don't know who said Disney was empty after 9/11?We couldn't even get on Peter pans Flight without an 1 hour wait.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Ok great heres the deal we could be in at Caribbean for $60 less for the whole trip. But I heard that the busses at the all stars were much better than the ones at CB. we are in a group of 8 with 5 kids! So transportation should be easy for us. We have stayed at music and sports. But music was in 1995! The kids really have their heart set on Movies so we decided to let them have it since it wasnt much price difference. Hopefully we arent making a big mistake...although it is on property so its not a giant mistake right??? we arent in the rooms much..sleep and shower! but we do want to be close so i guess it will be toy story or dalmations.thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

copper

I would difinately stay at the Caribean Beach, but I know how kids are. My sister stayed at the caribean 3 years ago and it's her least favorite moderate resort, but it's still much better then All Stars. The pool alone is worth it! It's also closer to Epcot and MGM. I felt the same way about the All Stars, I'm only sleeping there, but sleeping through slammed doors and angry teachers was not my idea of Disney fun. I have to say this was the only negative Disney experience I've ever had in 25 yrs. Go for the Caribean Beach and take the kids to All Stars Movies to check it out. I'm sure they'll like CB better and I know you will too! It's your vacation too! :king:

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Dwarful
Hey Guru congrats on hitting the 150 mark:) I am only half way there! Thanks for all of the info. The big thing for us is to not have to walk miles for everything...at the Music our first visit we were way out there!Crowds dont seem to bother us...so tired after a full day could probably sleep next to train tracks! But I do appreciate the info because I am totally unfamiliar w/movies layout!

I remember that kind of a walk, we stayed in Broadway at the Movies. A very, very, very long walk. Try to stay in either Dalmations or Fant. both are close to the lobby and both pools.
Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

danamarie27

Try for Fantasia.. It's fairly close to everything. I stayed there in 2000 and eded up in the Mighty ducks building..we werepretty far away. I would definately avoid that building with all those kids. It will be hard getting them all to walk to the bus stops. Enjoy your trip

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom