All Mountains Down Today at MK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Amid summer-like crowds at the MK, both Space Mountain and Splash Mountain went down this afternoon for a considerable amount of time. Guests had to be evacuated from the ride vehicles.

With Big Thunder closed, this means an afternoon with no functioning mountains at the MK. :cry:

Oh, Small World went down today too.

bethymouse

I remember...

I remember being evacuated ( my 7 yr old son and I) from the Test Track que. We went over to Mission Space and told the CMs what had happened and they gave us a HUGE magical moment! They took us into the control room (signed the visitor log) and got right on the ride like VIPs! It was SOMETHING!:D
So... in short, breakdowns can sometimes be turned into unforgettable magical moments!:)

Timekeeper

Original Poster
It IS kind of odd that all three mountains are down at the same time.

Exactly.

If all three mountains being down simultaneously happens "fairly regularly," I'd say that Disney is facing a pretty hard core problem.

Also, the Potter ferry wasn't running, so guests arriving at the TTC and intending to take a boat to MK were looking at a 45 minute wait.

wdw71fan

rides go do in any park, and place in the world.. and shockingly it can happen AT THE SAME TIME!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

nothing to see here, just more panic over typical daily ride operations

WED Purist

Just Curious

When rides break down, especially your favorite ones, do you ever take time to just walk around the park? Have you ever found/noticed the minutae? Some of the smallest details make the most impact.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Um.. thunder is closed for referb..

Right; as stated in my OP.

Rides stopping is one thing; but E-ticket rides stopping for the rest of the afternoon, simultabeously, and needing an evac is another thing. If it is "common," it ought not to be.

One side effect of this is the number of FPs that get handed out to affected guests. FP purists (proponents for strict disbursement and return time window enforcement) should also be be concerned if FPs are being handed out like Halloween candy because of frequent shutdowns.

The Empress Lilly

Thunder and Splash have been operating at breaking point for far too long. Refurbs have been put off for too long. As a consequence, Thunder is now down with Splash barely hanging in there, breaking down all the time. Add in a problem at Space and there's disaster, with all three mountains down.
It's going to be a long summer at the MK!

The mountains are an essantial part of the MK. They feature heavily in Disney's advertising. If all three are down, insist Disney refunds your ticket.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
using last week for example it happened 3 times that I know of

I was there last week, what 3 days were you there when they went down, all at the same time? :shrug:

Splash had a real good week while I was there (minus the things inside that don't operate.)

KevinYee

At 5:30, all three mountains were down, and then Buzz was stopped (though not evacuated, and I saw the PeopleMover e-stop moments later too). I'm sure they were all unrelated, but it was kind of enough to make you wonder if there was a power outage/shortage somewhere. Apparently not, I guess.

I do agree it's not so optimal to have that much break (or be on rehab) at once. The Liberty Belle is also on rehab (and away at drydock somewhere apparently).

G00fyDad

Just throwing this out there but are the recent power problems, and maybe the fact that so much was e-stopped and down today have anything to do with FLE? I mean are they cycling crap out there to bring things online? I know, it's a shot in the dark and very unlikely the case for the power issues. Keep in mind, I have never in my life been near or in construction but just thought I'd ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom