All 4 Parks - Opening Ceremonies???

Mr Starky

Original Poster
:) Hey everyone.
My wife and I went to Walts Dynamic World Nov 2005. We hadn't been there since the Honeymoon 1995. We are planning to return this Nov. We gave such detailed information to all of our family members that my wifes sister and mother (both will be first timers), want to go with us in Nov. All of this being said. here are a few questions.

First: I have seen a few times from other info resources that there is some kind of opening ceremony for the Magic Kingdom. Does anyone know what the ceremony is and can you describe it? Also do all the 4 main parks have an opening ceremony?

Second: I have been to the World 4 times now. Does anyone have any suggestions for making A FIRST TIMERS TRIP PERFECT? I welcome all suggestions. Although I know a lot I obviously don't have as much experience as some of you that have been there 10, 15 times or more.

Last: I am being ganged up on by my wife and her sister that we stay at the Coronado instead the Carribean Beach. Can anyone give me further personel insight into which is a more pleasent experiance? I ask because I have read some unpleasant reviews about the Coronado.

tink81

If you saty at Caribbean Beach make sure it is in Jamiaca

Make your Priority Seating arrangements ASAP ( I reccommend the Brown Derby in MGM, Cinerella's Royal Table, and Coral Reef at Epcot)

Stand at Norway to view Illuminations

Do not miss the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show- I saw at DL Paris and it is so cool

nyfrenchy

Not sure if that's considered as an "opening ceremony" but at the opening time of Epcot, we were greeted by a double deck bus loaded with Mickey and the gang.

Also in MGM, we were greeted in the parking lot by toy story soldiers ("operation 'smile on your face'"), that again happened early in the morning and have not seen it hapenned another time.

I heard of an opening ceremony in Animal Kingdom, but never seen it.

Nicole

We really liked the Coronado Springs. We liked the pool area a lot more than Carribbean Beach.

Can't tell you about the opening ceremonies, we have only ever been at MK and Epcot for park opening. Same thing with the double decker bus of characters at Epcot.

Captain Hank

Of all of the opening ceremonies, the Magic Kingdom's is the most elaborate. There's a whole little welcome show on the train platform, Mickey and other characters ride the train into the station, and a family, which has been chosen randomly from the crowd, throws out a bunch of pixie dust to open the park. Epcot will no longer have the double-decker bus, as that character meet and greet oppertunity has been discontinued (the characters have moved to Character Connection in Innoventions). I don't know what they will do for opening now. Animal Kingdom has an opening ceremony called "The Awakening," though I really don't know much about it. I'm not sure if the Disney-MGM studios does anything.

TTFN-Tiggger

AK open - they will let you in to a certain point - right before the Tree of Life. A truck with Mickey and Minnie drives up and they cover a checklist for the day of what you need to remember. After that they pull down the rope and let you follow them into the rest of the park. I have seen the Characters on Holiday bus at Epcot(as mentioned) - they are out first thing in the morning and a few other times during the day there. Have not see opening at the others.

Resort - maybe try something different and stay at the Corondo where they want to. If you choose CBR - I recommend Jamacia. :cool:

First time experience special - make a few ADR, Wishes, Illuminations, and use the fast passes so you can see as many things as you want. More important - relax and have fun. Enjoy! :D

tink81

For your first timers, you may want to do some things that you have normally skipped in the past. The first time I went with my BF we watched the show at Canada which I haven't see since I was like 9. On trips with my family we would skip this but I kind of enjoyed seeing it again. It's nice to go with people who have absolutley no pre concieved notions about which attractions are better than others.

The same goes for dining experiences- eat somewhere you have never been before. I had no desire to eat at Sci-Fi Dine In but my BF thought it looked so cool. Long story short, we shared our first dining experience there together and it was really great.

Best wishes for a fabulous trip!

swimmom

We also are planning a trip with my mother-in-law & sister-in-law. My SIL has been to WDW before (pre AK & MGM) and my MIL has never been. They are pretty much leaving a lot of the planning up to us, but we keep them informed of what's being planned.

We are definately going to be sure that they see Wishes, Illuminations, Fantasmic & parades. And as mentioned before we are not going to skip the attractions that we take the been there done that attitude. Anything that they are interested in seeing we are going to do even if we've done it many times before. After they get themselves educated from the planning DVD and books that I've loaned them we are going to get together and make a list of attractions that each of us definately want to see in each park.

You might want to look into the Dining Plan. We don't usually eat a table service meal each day, but I think my MIL will probably need a break around dinner time each day to regenerate for the evenings. I figure that we will save at least $100.00 a person with the dining plan with the restaurants that I have chosen.

ICP06

imagineer boy said:
Um, "Walt's Dynamic World?" ?

It's a play on WDW, the acronym for Walt Disney World ;)

The OP was saying that WDW isn't just for kids or just for adults and it accomodates all sorts by appealing to people of all ages etc. etc. etc.

I couldn't agree more! :D
ICP06

Mr Starky

Original Poster
tink81 said:
If you saty at Caribbean Beach make sure it is in Jamiaca

Make your Priority Seating arrangements ASAP ( I reccommend the Brown Derby in MGM, Cinerella's Royal Table, and Coral Reef at Epcot)

Stand at Norway to view Illuminations

Do not miss the Lights, Motors, Action! stunt show- I saw at DL Paris and it is so cool
What's also great is, if you have never had a meal at the rose and crown in UK do it. Sit outside and you get a great view of Illuminations.

Speedbird

The Coronado and Carribean Beach are ok, but definately no match for the Port Orleans Riverside. Definately the best hotel in its class at WDW. Especially the Manor properties. Have just booked again. Have eaten and visited the others, but they're no match.

Mr Starky

Original Poster
ICP06 said:
It's a play on WDW, the acronym for Walt Disney World ;)

The OP was saying that WDW isn't just for kids or just for adults and it accomodates all sorts by appealing to people of all ages etc. etc. etc.

I couldn't agree more! :D
ICP06
I thought it was simply apparent also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom