Alien Encounter-The next attraction movie?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney seems to be going in a good direction with the movies based on attractions. Yes,The Country Bears was bad,but Pirates of The Caribbean is doing amazing and The Haunted Mansion is looking better by the minute. SO-what's next. I believe Alien Encounter would be the best way to go,and it'd be a nice sendoff to the ride we all love. Think of it-AE would have the best plot. And it would be great to see Chairman Clench and the rest of the X-S Tech crew on the big screen. They could go for really scary and make it PG-13,which it'd probably be rated. What do you think?

The_CEO

Wouldn't happen. A.E. is going to change to Stitch.
Jeffeory Jones.. Child P orn.. No..

None of this would happen.

SirNim

AE is just... just.... just not a classic like CBJ, HM, POTC, etc...

Plus, Stitch is gonna be added (tastefully, I hope)...

I know where you are coming from, believe me, I think it could make a pretty good movie, based on the plot alone... I agree with your proposal... However, Disney would never create a movie based on a changed attraction... Plus, if you think about it, this concept has already been attempted by Disney in the form of the movie "Lilo & Stitch".. Both deal with interplanetray misfits, sent across the universe to wreak havoc on some unsuspecting party, that party being Earth in the case of L&S, and the other party the group of "witnesses" to the demonstration by XS-Tech... (AE Guests)...

So, no, it won't happen :(...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
You know that was the first time I heard about Jeffery Jones getting busted....so sad....he was great in Beetlejuice....and Alien Encounter of course....but,this doesnt have to mean no AE movie. Easily find a replacement for Clench,thats all. I'm sure everyone else would come back. SIR could even be in it.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well,SirNim,you never know. They arent changing it till maybe even Spring 2004. If a script that may be in the works as we speak,or may not,is given to Disney,they green light,then get the actors(Tim Curry voice,the other people,etc.),sign them,get a director,and start shooting in December and January,this movie could be in by August at the LATEST. The Country Bears was based on a defunct ride at Disneyland,so you never know.

AndyP

Hmms, they could make a movie from Star Tours! Oops, too late.

Mission:SPACE might be a good one to do in the future.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep,I can just think of the possibilites of Tommorrowland Transit Authority: The Movie:lol:

How about a movie titled 'Tommorrowland'. It would mainly focus on the Tommorrowland Convention Centre and the exhibits going around. X-S Tech is transporting across space,The Timekeeper is taking people into the past present and future,and more. The alien could like escape loose from the X-S Tech exhibit and reak havoc on Tommorrowland!

dizpins14

I think an animated Figment movie is a possibility.....it might be cheaper than redoing the ride again and it could bring in more numbers to the ride.

mkepcotmgmak

I think if they went at ToT in a different way, and not towards kids, it would be great! make it a haunted hotel... that would be coo, if they honestly made it scary, and not kiddie...

The_CEO

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Yep,I can just think of the possibilites of Tommorrowland Transit Authority: The Movie:lol:

How about a movie titled 'Tommorrowland'. It would mainly focus on the Tommorrowland Convention Centre and the exhibits going around. X-S Tech is transporting across space,The Timekeeper is taking people into the past present and future,and more. The alien could like escape loose from the X-S Tech exhibit and reak havoc on Tommorrowland!

Now your thinkin.. a Community.. Little town with the attractions as actual places..

Now i like your idea bud.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by dizpins14
I think an animated Figment movie is a possibility.....it might be cheaper than redoing the ride again and it could bring in more numbers to the ride.

Ah,animated just isnt working for Disney these days. Look at the last one...I believe it was Treasure Planet...bomb. People want either CGI like Nemo or live action like Pirates.

And to THE CEO,thanks. I like that idea a lot too. But what could we do with Space Mountain......

TURKEY

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Ah,animated just isnt working for Disney these days. Look at the last one...I believe it was Treasure Planet...bomb. People want either CGI like Nemo or live action like Pirates.

And to THE CEO,thanks. I like that idea a lot too. But what could we do with Space Mountain......

Animated doesn't mean it has to be traditional 2D animation. Nemo is animated, just with computers and not in a traditional manner. I think Figment would be better off in a computer animated film, possibly Disney's first full film using their computer artists instead of Pixar.

Look at Treasure Planet's DVD/Video sales. It did very well, because it's a good movie just horribly marketed when in theatres.

SirNim

Know the opening sequence from Fantasia 2000? With all those geometric colorful, er- shapes flittering around to the music of Beethoven's Symphony No. 5?

Imagine that sort of thing, computer generated, purely dealing with Figment and the wonders of the imagination... Oooh that would be one special effects extravaganza... *imagines the possibilies*

========

I like the idea of a movie based on the whole concept of the "town" of "Tomorrowland"... That'd be cool...

:D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Me and The CEO are currently looking for help in our Tommorrowland-The Movie. If you'd like to help,look for the topic in WDW General Discussion.

JaynMACP96_97_9

I've been developing a script based on the Tea Cups for the past 7 years.

But in all seriousness, look at the relative success of a reality fill-in like Rocco's Restaurant on NBC.

Imagine a reality show based on the Emporium. The could test it out on the Disney Channel and then push it onto ABC and advertise the ________ out of it on ESPN.

Ariel17

Somehow, I very seriously doubt that AE is that much of a classic to be made into a ride.x.x;I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.:lookaroun

Jerm

I think AE would be a great film if they did it like they should...it would be amazing if they follow the story line from the attraction then do the transport mess up as the set up for the gone wrong part. Set up a hero, skippy as the side kick, S.I.R as the know it all, Clinch and X-S Tech with the plan to take over Earth and the transport not be the accident. I would love it because it would make Skippy and X-S Tech house hold name. OH PLEASE LET Skippy be in the Stitch movie.....only then woudl I not mind them putting Stitch into AE but no matter what they really should keep S.I.R. and Skippy!!!

J

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom