Alien Encounter/Stitch

Do you want Alien Encouter to turn into Stitch?

• Yes

Votes: 46 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 59 56.2%

• Total voters

dox

One last thing on this subject....

If they do add Stitch, I beg WDI to refrain from making the ride too wholesome. IN other words, I don't want to hear Stitch explain Ohana to Kathy Najimy. :cry:

Shaman

All I have to say about this Stitch invasion of AE...is WHY!!!???

The ride works so well in Tomorrowland as is, and by adding Stitch either to the preshow or the main show itself is a disaster for Tomorrowland. Call me crazy here but isn't Fantasyland just a few steps away...perhaps for those looking for a more tame ride experience...they should venture pass AE or even Tomorrowland all together....It annoys me that some dislike this ride because of its fear factor...HELLO...ALIENS AREN'T ALL "CUTE AND FLUFFY" :rolleyes: , besides all because there is an attraction doesn't mean you have gun to your head forcing you to go in...if you don't like the dark or feeling afraid then DON'T RIDE....

There are so many other places to stick Stitch that its not even funny.......one such place is EPCOT...yes EPCOT...I can just see it now they'll replace the Wonders of Life pavilion with a genetics pavilion...there species 626 was created and there is this dark ride for the kids featuring Stitch maybe even a kid friendly version of AE........ok back to reality now....really there are other places for Stitch...one of the best ideas I've heard is the TIKI ROOM idea.....BUT DON'T STICK STITCH IN AE.

I've been a member of the Save the Classic AE Club since I heard this rumor. LETS ALSO SAVE TOMORROWLAND from becoming Toonmorrow Land (or something along those lines)...cause if that happens then maybe I'll skip MK all together... :eek: Just my opinion.

:lookaroun

JTFerret

I would prefer to see Stitch go somewhere that needs a current boost (new Tiki room especially), than to be put into a ride that at this time is still attracting decent crowds. The Skippy scene is one of my favorites at WDW and while I understand the need to upgrade and reconfigure I would hate for this ride to change just to stick Stitch in.

ArsonWinter

I've noticed how more people say "Put Stitch in the Tiki Room" than "Put Stitch in AE." What does that tell me? Both are great attractions, but one is in need of a boost (Tiki Room) more than the other (AE). Is there any more room (need?) for discussion?

FigmentJedi

Well,when I went in march,there was a large crowd at tiki room.My idea of a modifyed AE with stitch has Jumba as the inventor of the teleporter and is using an early genetic pet experiment,Skippy as a guinea pig.Stitch comes in and starts pushing buttons,frying poor Skippy.He goes in the ventalation shaft and you enter.It will still be similar to the current AE but they add effects making it seem that Stitch is defending us from that nasty bug..alien..thing.It would make it good for the yung ones,and teens still would get their thrill/Special effects fix

Maerj

I love Alien Encounter the way it is. Stitch is a great character, but I would rather see an all new Stitch ride than just throwing him into an attraction that already exists. They could do a "Tour Through Hawaii" ride and when you get in, you find that Lilo and Stitch are behind the controls. And as someone else suggested, maybe work the tv show into the story, maybe you could catch or find other Experiments along the way?

Just leave AE scary, in fact make it scarier!

General Grizz

Personally, I don't think the current AE is that scary. But, I am in love with all of the special effects. So long as the "X-S Tech" stays...along with the SIR and Skippy, I will be a happy camper. Although I'd REALLY rather they'd mess with Tiki.

We have no real indication that it will be "tuned down"...don't forget Stitch was a wild one at first! Good luck in your efforts, XS savers! :)

Blair

Alien Encounter is a fun ride... maybe it's not for everybody, but not every attraction need to be.

I love Stitch. I love AE. Don't make me choose.

Here's the biggest problem... if you put Stitch in there, the attraction becomes a light hearted laugh fest with very little scare-factor. The thrill is pretty much gone. Sure you'll have some cute effects, but with a loveable character, and people will quickly grow tired of it.

In case most people don't realize, AE originally opened with a more humorous slant and show style. Phil Hartman was the original voice of S.I.R., and the whole premise was played as a series of gags. The audience hated it, because they weren't sure why they were supposed to care. There was no point to the effects if you didn't build any sort of suspense to lead up to them.

If you put Stitch in there, the end result is the same... oh nifty. Not scary.

Besides Stitch has enough character to deserve his own attraction, built around his story. There's more than enough material there to attract fans, rather than trying to shoehorn him into an already well done show.

Piebald

I'm not sure about this idea. It sounds like it'd be cool if done right.
Maybe you could have Stitch running around loose and shooting his little laser gun at certain objects (kind of like the flashlight effect I suppose) and making his stupid sounds or something. I dunno. The thing is though, if Stitch were to come into AE, I think it would lose the whole scariness factor. I'm sure if you put him in the ride and still try to make it scary, it'll be a shocker to the kids who love him. Even though he wasn't the nicest or cutest little alien in the beginning of the movie, you grow to like him and you leave the movie thinking 'hey he's a cute little guy'. It'd be like giving Mickey a machine gun at the end of Fantasmic and killing the dragon with that.

One thing is for sure, if they did this right, I bet the animatronics would be really cool!

HMGhost13

reading each response to this in the "put stitch in" has the same message: if it is done right.

AE has already been done right. it is one fo my favorite rides. i don't go every 6 months, i go about once a year so each time is like riding it for the first time again, there is ALWAYS something i've missed int he ride, almost like watchig a favorite movie. a joke i didn't quite get before i get now.

AE doesn't need tinkering. AE doesn't need fixing. This ride came out not even 10 years ago. The ONLY ride i know that hasn't lasted that long and was semi-removed is TimeKeeper and the first update of JII.

StuntDoomBuggy

i like ae because it shows disneys dark side.. its fun.. if your older though.. and i somtimes feel that we need to focus on the smaller children.. really, all the thrill rides we are adding now.. so i am like the little milk packet given to you when you buy coffe at dennys, half and half.. "expriment 626" might be a blast for the whole family..

imagine, whats his name (sorry, never owned the movie) is in the pre show saying how you came there to "help him" his current 2 "monster makers" (the transportation devices) dont make a good "horrible monstrocity".. and he makes expiriment 624 and 625 to show you, and some preatty weak looking monsters are made.. he throws them in a bin behind him which is full of weak beings.. but now, with his improved machine (the huge transportation device in main show) to make a "horribly" "big" monster!.. i think i should post the rest in the imagineer section, if your interested..

PeterAlt

My 2 cents on AE

I just rode it last week so it's fresh in my head. While I love AE, I agree that it is time for a new show. I remember during the first couple of years it was open, it had very long lines. Last week, there was no line, while accross the street, the line was unbelieveably long for Buzz Light Year. And Space Mountain STILL has two-hour waits. So why has AE decreased in popularity?

Because most people have "been there, done that". There are no new thrills. No new surpirses. Same old show. So to correct this, the answer is simple: time for a new show.

So adding Stitch may not be a bad idea.... ** IF ** done right. So it has to be a completely new show, not just adding a new character here and there. While they're at it, they could add new surprises, and the new show could be scarier and even be humorous too.

The rumor is that the Disney company has approved the Stitch rehab with a $10 million budget. Compare this to the $5 million redo of Journey into Imagination. With all the ride elements already in place for AE, $10 million could go a long way for creating a new show in the already existing facilities.

Maerj

I wouldn't say that AE isn't popular... one day it had shorter lines than other attractions, but it varies from day to day. You could go back again and find longer lines for it. I would like to see the ride get scarier. Maybe hook some electric shock things up in some of the seats or have a giant alien tentacle get you or something.

Imagineer_Matt

Here's a few points to close arguments that have arose due to this thread:
One, There is very limited space for development now, with good access for the public, and for the building machines needed to build.
Two, The Management (that is, the people who sign the cheques for the board of disney directors, so that is the very top) have been breathing down the imagineers necks and are wanting to incorporate Stitch into the park as soon as possible, in the most cost effective way.
Three, Park attendance has been down since 9/11, so disney have been saving as much money as possible by laying off workers, trimming ideas for future attractions, and by selling major deals, none of which we will ever get to know about.

So, when these factors are taken into account, whether we like it or not, it looks as though Stitch is to invade AE. If you look at the response gained by the inflatible Stitch on top of AE last hallowe'en, and the fact that AE is due to undergo a rehab, all evidence points to this outcome. Personally, it is one of my fave rides of all time, and the experience is never the same, because it isn't the effects that make it, it's the audience reaction that makes it unforgetable, like the time my aunt was screaming "oh my God, oh my God, oh my God oh my God OH MY GOD!!!!!!!" or when my cousin was gripping my hand so tightly, she broke it! So, wheter you like it or hate it, Stitch is going in. It also sounds like the main show is to stay unchanged on the whole, just a few more unexpected effects, updating the sound system, and redoing the covering of the alien, as it is starting to go a bit threadbare in parts (where it bangs against the pod), so Goodbye Skippy, And Hello Stitch, don't make the ride too kiddy! :wave: :wave:

PeterAlt

I'm going p miss Skippy!

Why can't they make a movie based on Alien Encounter and have Skippy in it? Make Skippy a regular Disney Character!

But as far as a remake... I hope they get rid of that dumb "mother in-law" line!

Why is it that everytime Disney gets a new character someone wants to slap it in a good existing attraction? If you think about it Disney's most popular rides don't have any Animated Movie characters: SE, HM, PoC, ToT, RnR, etc.? That's not to say that there aren't popular Animated based rides, but it's just a thought. :D

MickeyTigg

I don't think Stitch would be a great improvement on the attraction, it would make me go back it at least once. The whole concept has gotten old on me and does absoluetly nothing for me...so at least this would be a change.

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom