Alien Encounter makeover???

MGM WDWFan

OK....last time I went on Alien Encounter it scared the bejeezus out of everybody surrounding me...kids and adults alike...Sorry Disney, I don't think it needs any changing (it still gets my heart rate up a little bit!)

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by MGM WDWFan
OK....last time I went on Alien Encounter it scared the bejeezus out of everybody surrounding me...kids and adults alike...Sorry Disney, I don't think it needs any changing (it still gets my heart rate up a little bit!)

Maybe you were hearing the digitalized screams coming from your seat and mistaking them as real screams.. sure, most little kids are terrified of Alien Encounter, but most Teenagers and Adults are usually pretty calm or laughing. My sister and I crack up on it. I also don't think it needs any changing, but I think maybe they should put a higher height requirement on it as its obviously intended for adults.

Pioneer Hall

My favorite part of that attraction is how they have voices coming out of the speakers behind u saying funny things. Like when you see the alien for the first time it says "Hey that's my mother in law."

Luau Cove

It is relatively a new attraction, it is nonsense to waste money in changing something new and popular for something which you don't know how successful it will be and will cost you money...A total hysteria.
-->LUAU

Belle13

Ok, so I am in the minority here, but anything else they could do to Alien Encounter would be a vast improvement. It is my least favorite attraction in all of WDW.

I think a Lilo and Stitch attraction would be wonderful...just overhaul the whole thing and put in something new!

General Grizz

I wouldn't mind it. It is about an alien, and if it is temporary, go for it. However, it must remain "scary" for those who want to visit it for that purpose.

ToTBellHop

I don't think Stitch would fit in the Tomorrowland theme. The theme is already kinda shakey...a city run by corrupt alien companies (like Fed Ex!). I think this attraction could use a few minor changes--namely increases in technology...perhaps a little bit more like alien with warning lights flashing, a computer saying there is a problem...perhaps the alien flies out into the rest of the ship, the lights go out, we hear him banging on the wall as the entire room shakes (they would only need to shake the chairs....), there is a loud explosion and a hole in the wall appears (same way they make holes appear on MuppetVision...put screens over the holes then turn a light on inside the hole--the fire). Then the good aliens come on the sound system, send in that dude to put out the fire (so it becomes dark again) and he gets eaten...and the attraction concludes the same way

Tom Morrow

I agree DogsRule! I think the show is cool, but adding some visuals would definately improve the show. Some people think it is dumb because you really almost never see anything but the alien in the tube and the monitors. It is a "sensory thriller", but they do need some actual effects.

tenchu

I think it makes it better that you cant see much. That was obviously what they were going for, everyone gets more scared cause they're depriving you of that sense.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Lance
I love Alien Encounter, but if Imagineering thinks they should do it, I'm sure it will be good.

I think they're just starving for new attractions and this is something that can be farely simple to do.

If Imagaineering wants to do it, it may turn out like imagination, and then a year later, they would be redoing it again because everyone hates it. If they want some new attractions, don't close down the stuff that's already ther, just build something new.

Even if they do close it down and theme it to lilo and Stitch, and it is good, I'd still be mad:mad: . Alien Encounter is one of my all time favorite attractions.

ToTBellHop

most people over age 12 aren't afraid of the dark, and to many of us, the attraction seems cheap...all that happens is the lights go out, they blow hot air on your neck, push down your shoulder bar, and shoot water at you...even if you are scared the first time, this probably won't scare you again. I've always thought it would be kewl (although they will never do it...) to have a "VIP" section with Cast Members who come in, and then have the alien eat them before the end of the show. Of course they could just use Audio-Animatronics characters. Disney would have no problem killing more creatures on that...Skippy gets fried and the guy w/ the flashlight is eaten alive...imagine..."Oh, my gosh! He ate the VIP Section!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom