Alien Encounter closing Carousel of Progress and Timekeeper

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Just recieved this information in and thought I would share it with everyone inregards to this upcoming weekends closing of Alien Encounter.

The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter to Close October 11, 2003

In preparation for a new attraction, The ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter will close with the Park on October 11, 2003 and will not reopen.

During the transition The Timekeeper and the Carousel of Progress will be open.
The Carousel of Progress will open on October 12, 2003 and will be open all Park hours.
The Timekeeper will open October 12, 2003 and will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. daily, with possible extended hours during busier times of the year.

terry55

:D
How long will they be open, we are going in May and hope to ride COP and Timekeeper. Will they still be open then. Hope SO!!!!!!!

Terry

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by terry55
:D
How long will they be open, we are going in May and hope to ride COP and Timekeeper. Will they still be open then. Hope SO!!!!!!!

Terry

To early to tell this is going into its Seasonal opening and also to help out with crowds since Alien Encounter will be closed

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Okay then, this is some good news. The news that CoP and The Timekeeper are being opened though.

The bad news is that Alien Encounter is closing. :cry:

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Daw man. Now I wish I hadnt gone on it so many times during the Party....darn it, now Im all Progressed out and I dont feel like going on it anymore because nothing was officially announced that they would in fact be opened. I figured they would be but still....

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Re: Re: Alien Encounter closing Carousel of Progress and Timekeeper

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Shizzle! This is a first...since what - 1998??! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Figured you would have liked this news Grizz ;)

GaryT977

Not to sound stoopid, but I assume this means Timekeeper will be open in December? I've REALLY missed this attraction.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by GaryT977
Not to sound stoopid, but I assume this means Timekeeper will be open in December? I've REALLY missed this attraction.

From the notes I would say yes it will be open to handle the Holiday crowds

dxwwf3

Well at least with this bad there will be some good. Can't wait to see Timekeeper this December (And CoP too but we got to see it in July also). It will be tough for me to go into Tomorrowland and not see my AE open but it's gotta be done :lol:

WDW John

While I'll miss AE I find it cool that CoP and Timekeeper will both be open, I haven't seen CoP in a couple of years and Timekeeper in a few. My time to check back in is coming up in just a couple of weeks!

Now, my question: will there be any objections to video taping all of CoP? I know, I know, no lights or flashes, but is it OK if I just sit there quietly taping?

Thanks,

valmont

Im gonna miss AE. :( But im happy in the other hand because im gonna get to see CoP and Timekeeper. I havent seen CoP since I was like 9, and I have never seen Timekeeper. :-D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom