Alice ride at WDW?

loveyloo2

Original Poster
In preparation for our trip, I'm trying to make sure I show my kids (3.5 & 1.5)the movies that will give them a frame of refence for the rides and attractions. I'm certain I've been on an Alice in Wonderland ride, but haven't been able to find anything about it...I've been to both WDW and DL, but it's been so long, that I'm not sure what the differences (in terms of rides) are...Anyhow, I just want to make sure I show they all the movies they need to see for things to be relevant at WDW. So far we've seen: Little Mermaid, Lion King, Cinderella, Finding Nemo...Since it's coming out soon, I'll be adding Peter Pan and will probably pick up Dumbo, too...any other movies I need to try to find for them?

Thanks!!

:lookaroun

mitchk

There is no Alice in Wonderland ride in WDW ( with the exception of the tea cups ), only in DL. As far as movies, don't forget Snow White, and maybe some Winnie the Pooh films. Have fun :wave:

bemusing

I would say Sleeping Beauty because Maleficent features prominently in most shows involving villains. And well, she's a princess and there's lots of princess activity.

And the Alice ride--is this something in addition to the tea cups?

RiversideBunny

Alice often appears at the 1900 Park Fare character meals at the Grand Floridian.

You might want to add some basic Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Goofy, etc. cartoons so they see the main Disney characters.

Have fun.
:) :) :)

PurpleDragon

Characters/Movies associated with attractions in WDW Magic Kingdom:

Cinderella - Cinderella's Castle, Cinderella's Golden Caurousel
Snow White - Snow White's Scary Adventure
Peter Pan - Peter Pan's Flight, Philharmagic
Dumbo - Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Winne the Pooh - the Many Adventures of Winne the Pooh
Alice In Wonderland - Mad Tea Party (Tea Cups)
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto - Mickey's Toon Town Fair, Philharmagic
Toy Story - Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Lilo & Stitch - Stitch's Great Escape
Monster's Inc - Laughing Floor Comedy Club (Coming Soon)
Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean
Little Mermaid - Ariel's Grotto, Philharmagic
Alladin - Magic Carpets, Philharmagic
Song Of The South - Splash Mountain
Beauty and the Beast - Philharmagic
Lion King - Philharmagic

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not mentioning the HM movie because that was an absolute joke/flop and doesn't deserve mentioning. Also I did not include shows, because then I would basically have to mention every single animated Disney character.

SeanC

If you've been to both WDW and DL, your confusion is simple...DL has an Alice darkride in its Fantasyland, WDW doesn't. (Too bad too - awesome ride)

k.hunter30

Lion King - Philharmagic

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not mentioning the HM movie because that was an absolute joke/flop and doesn't deserve mentioning. Also I did not include shows, because then I would basically have to mention every single animated Disney character.

Great, comprehensive list PurpleDragon!

Mecha Figment

throw in some muppet movies too. anything thing pre disney influence is good.

you could watch the haunted mansion film if you can stomach it.

the adventures of tom and huck is a film you coudl watch for tom sawyers island.

pocahantas is featured in her own show so watch that.

Jungle book is another good one. baloo and louie are around animal kingdom

a bugs life because it's tough to be a bug.

could watch some old twilight zone episodes

perhaps raiders of the lost arc

the orignal star wars.

loveyloo2

Original Poster
Thanks!!

So it definitely is DL that I'm remembering with the Alice ride, since I don't think the Tea Cups need much explanation, watching AIW will move down the list a bit...I had totally forgotten about so many movies!! Now I've got to try to find the ones that are "back in the Disney vault"--ugh!! I'm not a huge fan of the "Vault"...:lookaroun

dazzer68

just watch as many disney films as you can theres always cross reference (jungle book to jungle cruise area) for example and the characters are all around, swiss family robinson area has baloo and king louie around.
song of the south if you can find it for frontier area
a muppets film for mgm studios
cinderella for fantasyland,
who needs an excuse to watch disney films, just watch as many as you can there will be something somewhere to tie it in.
ps there is an alice themed maze at dlrp
right im off to watch...my disney planning kit dvd! again!

DisneyMusician2

Take a warning about the Snow White ride...with kids that age, it can be very scary, as you way well know. But after going with some cousins on a ride that I thought was charming and harmless, they were freaked out. And many kids feel the same way. It is dark thematically for them, just so you know, and might not be the best ride to start with when you get down there!!

bryPOD

Wait a minute. How come no one mentioned Lilo and Stitch? Because there is an AWESOME ride starring Stitch that you MUST see.

That was sarcasm. Though Lilo and Stitch is a darn fine film, the ride is not 1.5 and 3.5 year old friendly.

Have a great vacation.

mharrington

Lion King - Philharmagic

Yeah, that's about the size of it. But why didn't you include Tiki Room under Aladdin and Lion King? I guess you ignored Country Bears for the same reasons you ignored it Haunted Mansion: it's a joke.

yazmin182

If you've been to both WDW and DL, your confusion is simple...DL has an Alice darkride in its Fantasyland, WDW doesn't. (Too bad too - awesome ride)

I was really sad when I went to WDW and realized they didn't have taht ride! It's one of my faves.

raven

Disneyland has more of the Fantasyland dark rides than WDW. I love classic dark rides and Alice was one of my favorites. DL also has Mr. Toad and Pinnochio in Fantasyland as well as all the others in WDW's Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom