Alfred Hitchcock: The Art of Making Movies

khelinski

Original Poster
This was my favorite attraction of all time. It really got me into movies (and Hitch, himself). I remember the queue line, with Hitchcock posters - leading up to the hallway - with a HUGE collage of Hitchcock stuff. You go into a theater, where they show a sum-mintue montage of Hitchcock clips (including a 3D attack of birds). Then to another room with Norman Bates himself, talking about the shower scene. They had a model-size Bate's Motel, and a 'renactment' of the shower scene. The next room had props and such from Hitch signture films. And finally, the Bate's Motel store (bought a Bate's t-shirt from there). Would be nice to see Universal bring back some of the cool stuff from the store (they had Bate's Motel merchandise that's similar to the Tower of Terror gifts).

As much as I love Shrek, I miss my Hitchcock. :'( But I am sure there are others' on here that also miss King Kong.

Anyhow - who here also loves this attraction?

JohnLocke

I also loved it, while I chickened out after the Birds the first two times I went when I was little, I finally completed it in 2000 and it really was great. I will say I also really like Shrek 4-D, but Universal has really screwed up the theming of many areas of their first park, and none more than Production Central. With Hitchcock and Hannah Barbara you actually had attractions dealing with the production of movies and cartoons, now you have Jimmy Neutron and Shrek, both of which I really like, that have nothing to do with Production what so ever, not to mention neither's show building really adds much.

I have to say, I miss Kong some as well, from what I remember it was themed really well, but it and Earthquake's replacements at least keep up with the theme of the park.

bobjl527

My wife and I loved the Alfred Hitchcock attraction. Luckily, I video taped the performance back in 1991.
We especially liked the "Rear Window" apartment building with the TV monitors in the windows. It was great.
Gone but not forgotten. :cry:

Lee

Adventurer
Loved the Hitchcock attraction. It was my favorite in the park, and likely still would be. It was the exact thing that a studio park needs.

Makes me want to lob a molotov cocktail into stupid Shrek.:mad:

Walt Disney1955

Loved Hitchcock too. It was better than Shrek for sure. Mummy is a bit better than King Kong as well but in all honesty, Universal has got to find a way to utilize their space better. Kong was one of the best attractions there and while the Mummy is a beauty, the truth is I think there was enough space there to keep both somehow, and if not FIND space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom