Alcohol on Dining Plan

acollins876

Original Poster
I'm seeing varying reports on what you can get with meals on the dining plan. Has anyone gotten any more expensive/extravagant drinks with meals on the dining plan?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
On our last trip pretty much anything on the menu was available. One exception was Lapu Lapus at Ohanas. There wasn’t any restriction I can recall to the other places we ate.
They actually let you get a Lapu Lapu with the dining plan as your alcohol beverage, but they put it in a regular glass instead of a pineapple being you get it with dining plan entitlement. Maybe your sever did not know. Know many who have gotten one there with the plan. ;)

Hcalvert

I was denied a Lapu Lapu at 'Ohana in June. No big deal. I ended up having another alcoholic drink that I really liked in replacement. I believe it was the Island Sunset. As for any other place (CS or TS) that served alcohol, I was offered an alcoholic drink without any problems. I really liked the Dreamwalker Sangria at Santu'li Canteen as it was refreshing on a hot day. I also tried the Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen (grapefruit beer) at Biergarten, which was good...and I don't like beer.

When you're on the dining plan and you have a cocktail or another alcoholic beverage first and a soft drink afterwards will you get charged for the soft drink or for the more expensive drink?

Hcalvert

When you're on the dining plan and you have a cocktail or another alcoholic beverage first and a soft drink afterwards will you get charged for the soft drink or for the more expensive drink?

Ask your server to be charged for the soft drink in addition to the dining plan. Saying that, my dad ordered an appetizer and was not charged even though we told them that we knew we would be charged since it wasn't part of the DDP. Our server told us not to worry about it when we pointed out the mistake. It was a $20 appetizer.

acollins876

Original Poster
They actually let you get a Lapu Lapu with the dining plan as your alcohol beverage, but they put it in a regular glass instead of a pineapple being you get it with dining plan entitlement. Maybe your sever did not know. Know many who have gotten one there with the plan. ;)
I'm going to do that - ask for Lapu Lapu without the pineapple.

I also tried the Schofferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen (grapefruit beer) at Biergarten, which was good...and I don't like beer.
We have an ADR there and I'll try that one too.

Jon81uk

I would expect so, but on the old dining plan I have ordered various different soft drinks and coffee at no charge (maybe they counted coffee as just another soft drink refill?) therefore if you are just ordering soda or coffee it may be at the discretion of the server.

At a quick service I would expect to be charged for every beverage.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm going to do that - ask for Lapu Lapu without the pineapple.

We have an ADR there and I'll try that one too.

Weird how some folks have been able to get One and some not. Can’t hurt to ask. Hopefully they allow it as I know they have before. You just never know rules change all the time. Lol ;)

PascagoulaRun

The only place I remember there being a restriction was Tutto Italia, where they told us any cocktail had to be under $16, but I think all of them were, aside from one daily special cocktail.

IIRC the most expensive drink I ordered was the $17 Shadow of the Beast at Be Our Guest, which was very nice.

mmnw

We were given a list of acceptable drinks.

I’ve experienced a lot of discrepancy regarding what is and what is not covered under the dinning plan. (Kids meals, adult meals, kid size drinks given to adults, adult size drinks given to children, children age 10 and over ordering kid meals. Some servers give them more to make up for less food Other servers refuse.)

I admit I can find it frustrating. I am calm and polite, but most the time I can’t figure out why it is not more cut and dry across the board.

Hcalvert

The only place I remember there being a restriction was Tutto Italia, where they told us any cocktail had to be under $16, but I think all of them were, aside from one daily special cocktail.

IIRC the most expensive drink I ordered was the $17 Shadow of the Beast at Be Our Guest, which was very nice.

I don't remember my server saying anything to me at Tutto Italia in June. However, I got the Italian Margarita, which is $16. You are right about there being very few that are over $16. I believe the only ones that generally are over are pitchers of beer, which aren't permitted on the DDP anyways. I do like that the kids meal includes an appetizer with the entree, dessert, and drink as one TS credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom