Alamo Car Care Center

actaeonus

I am using Magical Express to-from the airport, but find myself in need of a one day car rental for a meeting in Celebration. I have booked a car at the Car Care Center near MK. Any advice on the best way to get there and get back again? I am to-from Saratoga Springs. I noticed that there is an on-demand shuttle service, has anyone had experience with this...? And what should I expect in regards to travel time to-from. Have I done the right thing, or is there a better approach?

Thanks!

Minnesota

Just used it last week. Shuttle was schedualed to pick us up at Pop 8am on Friday to take us to TTC. It never showed up. I called the number on my voucher and was on hold for 20mns. A shuttle pulled up while I was on hold and the driver said he had no pick ups there. The lady on the phone was finally able to reach him to tell him to let us on. When we got there we were asked about their service. When I explained what had happened and asked how the reservation was lost the lady walked away and said Whatever. They do put a hold on your CC, so becareful and have another CC to use. We were not aware or told of this. It was kind of a shock since we had prepaid for the car. The car was ok. I would only use this again if I had to leave grounds for a day or 2.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I rented with Enterprise, so your options may be different, but their shuttle was on demand.

I called and said when I wanted to be picked up, and they came in the car (to AKL) and picked me up.

Also, a day is 24 hours. I was using the rental car to go Port Caneveral for a cruise, and did not want to risk being late for the ship. I rented the car the afternoon before, and returned it the next morning. About 22 hours later. One day rental.

You may want to see if you can do the same thing with your meeting.

-dave

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I had a great experience renting from the Swan and Dolphin. Took a Disney bus from HS when it was time to pick up, and when I dropped it off the next day, it was pull up and hop back onto a Disney bus heading to the parks. I also had no line checking in and was in the car in 10 minutes or less.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I had a great experience renting from the Swan and Dolphin. Took a Disney bus from HS when it was time to pick up, and when I dropped it off the next day, it was pull up and hop back onto a Disney bus heading to the parks. I also had no line checking in and was in the car in 10 minutes or less.

Thats what I normaly do. But thats National over there, and I was able to get a much better rate this time with Enterprise.

But yes, Renting from the Swan is very easy.

-dave

Upvote 0

sring

Thats what I normaly do. But thats National over there, and I was able to get a much better rate this time with Enterprise.

But yes, Renting from the Swan is very easy.

-dave

FWIW, National, Alamo and Enterprise are actually just different brands of the same company (National/Alamo and Enterprise merged about 2 years ago).

I had no problem with the National/Alamo shuttle picking me up at WL. I believe I had to call the day before to confirm the shuttle. As for travel time, it depends on how many people they have to pick up between you and arriving at the CCC.

Upvote 0

wendysue

rental car from alamo

We just returned from WDW and had a rental car for 2 days, which cost $88.00. It was prearranged along with my package. The day before, I called Alamo and they told me they would pick us up at 10:25 on the 19th and were there by 10:30. We got to the car care center, got our car and were on our way withing 15 minutes. We went to the Cape and the next day to St. Pete/Tampa. Dropped the car off on the way back, and they took us back to our room right away. I wish all rental experiences could be that easy. Hope yours is good.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom