Al Lutz Update: Monster's Door Coaster and Tron Cycles

Cosmic Commando

Saw this on MiceChat. Interesting, but I'm still hoping it's something else.

Me too! Monstropolis is just a lazy idea being shoved someplace it doesn't belong. It breaks the cohesion that was worked towards for so many years.

With Monsters U having the second highest opening weekend for a Pixar movie, I think they're taking it as support for Monstropolis.

Personally, I think it's a "meh" idea, but I don't hate it.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Me too! Monstropolis is just a lazy idea being shoved someplace it doesn't belong. It breaks the cohesion that was worked towards for so many years.

Exactly! I know those days are long gone, but I was hoping for an original concept for Hollywood Land. Even something based on an IP, I can think of a number of IPs that would much better fit the sub-land than Monsters.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
With Monsters U having the second highest opening weekend for a Pixar movie, I think they're taking it as support for Monstropolis.

Personally, I think it's a "meh" idea, but I don't hate it.

I think you're right, but I've still got some hope. I don't particularly hate the idea, either, but I would REALLY prefer something else.

GiveMeTheMusic

Exactly! I know those days are long gone, but I was hoping for an original concept for Hollywood Land. Even something based on an IP, I can think of a number of IPs that would much better fit the sub-land than Monsters.

The Monsters concept has got to be the laziest, most unimaginative and uninteresting thing they could have possibly come up with for DCA. Super disappointed.

At least USH is opening Harry Potter and we've got the light parade coming to DL, so there's something to look forward to.

Zman-ks

75.gif
Height balloons were seen and photographed around Stage 17.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/dca-monsters_0.htm

Awesome! :)

SyracuseOrange

Bump.

Miceage's Disneyland Update came out today and talking points included upcoming ride refurbishments and Soarin Over the World:
http://micechat.com/48027-miceage-disneyland-update-rabbit-hole/
As I am moving to SoCal in 2 days (!), I'm happy to see that some love is being given to so many attractions. Can't wait to see the updates to Alice. I, happy that it will be open for a couple months while I'm there before going down. Have any dark rides had those kind of upgrades before, with new tech and the track modifications? About how long do updates like that normally take?

Also, interesting that a new Soarin film wouldn't replace the old one, but instead make guests choose between the two. Never thought about that, but it's pretty cool.

Cosmic Commando

As I am moving to SoCal in 2 days (!), I'm happy to see that some love is being given to so many attractions. Can't wait to see the updates to Alice. I, happy that it will be open for a couple months while I'm there before going down. Have any dark rides had those kind of upgrades before, with new tech and the track modifications? About how long do updates like that normally take?

Also, interesting that a new Soarin film wouldn't replace the old one, but instead make guests choose between the two. Never thought about that, but it's pretty cool.
All of Fantasyland got a MAJOR update back in the early 80's. This article sums it up pretty well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom