AKL vs. offsite

epcotisbest

Original Poster
We have a really nice place already booked offsite for a couple of days before we check in for a week at BLT in Sept. Really looking forward to BLT, but I am regretting the offsite a little and thinking about AKL, but the budget is just going to be stretched a little thin and offsite made sense.
I tried several times to rent some AKL points at Jambo as a way to get into AKL, but it just was not meant to be. I can still cancel offsite if I find AKL points for rent cheap ($99.00 per night is what we are paying offsite...and we do enjoy offsite just fine, usually stay offsite at least once per year). Should I forget AKL or a studio at AKL villas in early Sept. and just count my blessings?
AKL is one of those bucket list places we are working on. Unfortunately, just about everything on that bucket list requires a deeper wallet than I seem to have right now.

Disneykidder

I don't think you will find AKL for $100 per night even with renting points. Plus it is next month and you'd have to find someone that is within their window and willing to part with those points last minute. You can try contacting one of the DVC rental places to see but given that September is next week, you may have a hard time. Staying off site doesn't sound so bad. I'm sure you will have a blast.

I stayed at AKL last week in Kidani. While it was wonderful, if I had to do it again I'd choose Jambo. They are a little far from each other (we even had a car) and the only QS is in Jambo.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Would you be willing to split your time? Then you might be able to do both. Otherwise you might just have to stay offsite, but at least you'll be at Disney!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I don't think you will find AKL for $100 per night even with renting points. Plus it is next month and you'd have to find someone that is within their window and willing to part with those points last minute. You can try contacting one of the DVC rental places to see but given that September is next week, you may have a hard time. Staying off site doesn't sound so bad. I'm sure you will have a blast.

I stayed at AKL last week in Kidani. While it was wonderful, if I had to do it again I'd choose Jambo. They are a little far from each other (we even had a car) and the only QS is in Jambo.
Yes, Jambo would be amazing but I suppose it is harder to get than Kidani?
No, staying offsite is not a bad thing, just keep thinking about AKL...wonder if that makes me seem greedy?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Would you be willing to split your time? Then you might be able to do both. Otherwise you might just have to stay offsite, but at least you'll be at Disney!
You are right...and we don't mind offsite and have actually stayed at some amazing places by doing so. Since we drive, transportation is a non-issue and I am getting too old to really care about EMH as well. Sept. is low crowds, but still a lot of heat and humidity for an old fat guy.

Last edited:

Nero the dog

The Timeshare store have been sending me emails about point they have to rent, that must be used in September. They are asking $8 a point. Call and make them an offer, $6 is better for them than not renting at all.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
The Timeshare store have been sending me emails about point they have to rent, that must be used in September. They are asking $8 a point. Call and make them an offer, $6 is better for them than not renting at all.
Thanks...I called and was told their points started at $12 and they had no $8 points.

Nero the dog

Sorry to build your hopes up.
I just checked the latest email, they have $8 point but have to be usd by September 1st

Sign up for their mailing list, if you get nothing else sorted they may have some just before you go.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Sorry to build your hopes up.
I just checked the latest email, they have $8 point but have to be usd by September 1st

Sign up for their mailing list, if you get nothing else sorted they may have some just before you go.
Thanks, I will sign up for their mailing list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom