AKL upgrade

terry55

Finally got my upgrade settled from POFQ. First I got $30 more per night for a standard room. I came on this board and saw where people were getting the same room I got for only $10 more per night. I called reservations last night and got a very helpful lady who got me the $10 more per night rate. I am now staying at the AKL for only $94 per night (including tax). Am very happpy with rate! What does everyone else think of rate?

terry55

Original Poster
I have never stayed at AKL before so I am excited about the rate and the fact that we will be staying there. I have heard you don't have to have a savannah room to get good view of the animals. For the people who have stayed here before what is this resort like? Is there parking on site?

Terry

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

the resort is awesome yes there is parking on site and yes you can see animals from observation decks through out the hotel room I stayed there in November and we got upgraded from standard to pool view just by asking and talking with the CM (came to find out she has a condo right down the street from where my husband works) we didnt even miss not having the savanna rooms everytime we wanted to see the animals we walked there doors down and there was the deck and it had a rocking chair in it and it was always practically empty

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by terry55
I have never stayed at AKL before so I am excited about the rate and the fact that we will be staying there. I have heard you don't have to have a savannah room to get good view of the animals. For the people who have stayed here before what is this resort like? Is there parking on site?

Terry

Yep, tiggerlover1971 is correct, there are plenty places to see the animals from, and there are three savannas, so from a savanna view room, you would need to go to one of these observation areas anyways to see the other two.

Having said that, there is nothing like having you own personal view. :D

I'd also ask for an upgrade when you check in, you never know what you can get for free without asking. Doesn't hurt to ask.

You'll love the place, most people fall in love with it. We will not be staying in any other WDW resort unless they build something that tops AKL, and I can't see that anytime soon.

Have fun, and don't miss Boma for breakfast or dinner at least once on your trip. :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom