AKL trip planning

mattravels

I'm starting to plan right now for a trip for 7 nights at AKL in April...yeah yeah I know. VERY EXPENSIVE! A few questions...is a savanah view room worth all that and also. We stayed there the first 3 nights it was open and we stayed in a standard room and other than a room of Boma over head it wasn't bad..we even had views of the pool and savanah! BEAT THAT! HAHAHA! Do you think also...is the gold package worth it for the 3 free meals? Any help on how to make this cheeper would help...we're most likely driving down from WV to save money on airfare! Or perhaps we'll use dividend miles...not sure yet.:confused:

crazygirley

When we were there in June, we stayed in a Deluxe Savannah View Room and have vowed never to stay in any other type of room ever when at AKL. It is so worth the extra money. There is nothing like having frolicking baby Ankole Cattle playing just below your balcony, and nothing cooler than watching the Giraffe eat every day. It's just amazing! There is nothing like it, you have to experience it! Your room above Boma is no comparison!

Upvote 0

mattravels

Original Poster
hmmmm...sounds VERY cool...now the questioin on the packages! By the way...is anyone else REALLY dissapointed in the new packages. I know they've been here now for at least a year...but I liked the older ones! Oh well....

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Hey MATTRAVELS!!!:wave:

If you are driving down, I'd suggest skipping the packages all together, unless they come out with a new one that is really special. At that time of year, however, you are in Peak Season and deals are unlikely. :(

It's better to book ROOM ONLY, then go to yourlocal Disney Store and buy your Park Hoppers at a discounted price.

That way, if you do not feel like going to the Parks on your arrival or departure days, you will not have paid for it already!

I stayed in the Savannah-view room last month and it was very cool. At least you are guaranteed one if you book it. Otherwise you can always take your chances of getting upgraded.

By the way...those meals aren't "free"...you pay dearly for them! Probably more than you would pay uon your own! :lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom