AKL to AK Bus Station Walking/Jogging Path?

P_Radden

Original Poster
This has been brought up many times lately.. Has anyone heard if a walking/jogging path from AKL to AK bus terminal has any actual possibility of becoming a reality?
0wqVxsd.png

dreamfinder

I understand the issue with the cross walk at Sherberth, but what other liability issues are there that aren't present with the other various paths around WDW property?

I can't think of that many sidewalks in public areas. The one to/from DHS is well away from traffic. The one the OP proposed runs right alongside a road.

HauntedMansionFLA

I use it every trip. Adding one at Animal Kingdom Lodge would have numerous benefits
I wonder how long of a walk would it be??? We walked back and forth from EPCOT to DHS several times this past December and it was wonderful. It took maybe 15 minutes. I'd love a second option for transportation from AKL to DAK.

Ripken10

I wonder how long of a walk would it be??? We walked back and forth from EPCOT to DHS several times this past December and it was wonderful. It took maybe 15 minutes. I'd love a second option for transportation from AKL to DAK.
The yellow line from the first post is eight tenths of a mile (as a point of comparison it is 1.1 miles from EPCOT to DHS via the path)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
As impractical as it may be (and I realize that it may be pretty impractical), I'd love a WEDWay Peoplemover system between AKL and AK. Realistically, it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to see a walking path from AKL to AK, with a pedestrian bridge built over Sherberth Rd.

CJR

I thought, in the Gondola thread, Martin seemed to indicate that they had other ideas for AKL that were not a Gondola.

That's actually very good to know, thank you for sharing that tidbit! It's now a 44 page thread so I wouldn't have had the time to do that much digging around, haha.

It would make sense though that if there were a connection built between AK and AKL, outside of buses, they would figure out a way to make a pathway work. I've actually seen people walking down the roads before, which can't be safe. I'd be all for a pathway, but I do get that it's costly. If only the hotel generated enough revenue to cover the cost... ;)

Ripken10

That's actually very good to know, thank you for sharing that tidbit! It's now a 44 page thread so I wouldn't have had the time to do that much digging around, haha.

It would make sense though that if there were a connection between AK and AKL, outside of buses, they would figure out a way to make a pathway work. I've actually seen people walking down the roads before, which can't be safe. I'd before for a pathway, but I do get that it's costly. If only the hotel generated enough revenue to cover the cost... ;)
I know you (and most) wouldn't have the time to read, but that was probably one of the most enjoyable reads of a thread (in fact it wasn't till late that there was much negativity at all). Great information, a lot of excitement over the project, not a lot of bickering. It was so good, I even showed all of the "ignored content" from people I put on ignore. In a lot of ways, this project almost feels like it is uniting the Pixie Dusters and the "Disney is horrible" crowd (sorry couldn't remember the name of the opposite of a Pixie duster). If you ever have time, or just some time, start from beginning and read.

CJR

I know you (and most) wouldn't have the time to read, but that was probably one of the most enjoyable reads of a thread (in fact it wasn't till late that there was much negativity at all). Great information, a lot of excitement over the project, not a lot of bickering. It was so good, I even showed all of the "ignored content" from people I put on ignore. In a lot of ways, this project almost feels like it is uniting the Pixie Dusters and the "Disney is horrible" crowd (sorry couldn't remember the name of the opposite of a Pixie duster). If you ever have time, or just some time, start from beginning and read.

Took your advice, stumbled across this post pieced together by @P_Radden (Thank you! Amazing job!): http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/possible-new-gondola-transportation.924477/page-38#post-7581578

Basically sums up the key info.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Until they have better resort-to-resort transportation, it certainly would be nice to have better transportation/more options between AK and AKL. Some of my favorite restaurants on property are at AKL but it's always a bit of a hassle to get from any other resort to AK to AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom