AKL Savanna view

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Our only stay at AKL before the coming one in September put us on the Sunset Savannah, and it really couldn't have been any better.
Constant animals outside our balcony.
Agree completely that savanna view is worth the extra money AND that our Sunset view was also very active with animals (lots of zebras and 3 giraffes at once). In fact Sunset far surpassed our previous Arusha view.

worldfanatic

My only issue with it is that we're open-close type folks with the parks, so we really wouldn't be around the resort enough to really treasure the environment.
I wonder if a day in a deluxe like Jambo would change that?

I agree.
I think at some point, most WDW nuts pull back a bit from their "park commando" ways.
A stay at an amazing Deluxe like AKL can definitely begin that process.

Mr. Toad

I would also say the savanah view is worth it if you can manage it. We have stayed there numerous times and had a savanah view every time but once and we really missed it that one time.

We find when we stay at AKL we spend more time in the room then we do at the other hotels. This is mostly because we like to sit and watch the animals from our balcony. If it gets too hot we duck inside for some A/C and then return to the balcony when we cool down.

vinnya1726

I agree the savanah view is so worth. We are preparing for our second visit to AKL and my kids insisted that we go back to this resort. It has become our favorite. So much to see and do. The pool is amazing and the food is great also.

draybook

Original Poster
I think we're going to rent an AKL studio with savanna view. It's a little over 1600 to rent the points as opposed to almost 3k going to a standard savanna view room via the WDW site.

worldfanatic

I think we're going to rent an AKL studio with savanna view. It's a little over 1600 to rent the points as opposed to almost 3k going to a standard savanna view room via the WDW site.

Smart move.
Plus they're a bit larger than the hotel rooms and the bigger fridge, microwave and full size coffeemaker come in handy.
I can't wait to check into my savanna studio in 52 short days.
YEE HAW!!!

kasey1988

We rented points from a well known website and will be checking in to akl savannah view studio in 49 days, so far everything with the company has been great! I can give you a detailed review when we get back :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom