AKL savanna view… blown away!

note2001

For those that have stayed in both Jambo House and Kidani Village, do you Kidani to be really far/inconvenient from the main building restaurants, pool, etc?

I’m wondering if I should explore opportunity to move from a studio savanna @ Kidani to the same in Jambo….
For years Kidani was the only resort I would stay at if I could not manage a Wilderness Lodge villa.
I love the second floor and would request a studio room close to the lobby. We had the best of everything I wanted: Large room, Savanna View, store nearby, buses were close and the pool was right there. Kidani at Christmas is a wonder in itself. I love it.

Then I reserved a two bedroom unit and they put us alllll the way down the hall - at the very end. The walk was a killer at the end of the day, and despite having a car to park in the garage under the unit, there was rarely parking that was close by, sometimes leaving me to walk the garage alone late at night carrying groceries (not the best or safest feeling). Once was bad, but they did it to us two years in a row. That was a deal breaker for me.

I started reserving studio rooms at Jambo where the walks are more manageable and have not looked back. It is very nice to have a full service take out location right there and I find the pool to be more relaxing. You can argue that the walk from the parking lot is not shorter and you'd be right, but they feel safer and there's bell services to help out should I need to drop off my bags for a moment while I park.

Last edited:
For those that have stayed in both Jambo House and Kidani Village, do you Kidani to be really far/inconvenient from the main building restaurants, pool, etc?

I’m wondering if I should explore opportunity to move from a studio savanna @ Kidani to the same in Jambo….
It's a 10ish min walk b/t the two. I love both resorts, but we're more Kidani people. I love the grandness of the Jambo lobby, but it didn't feel like home to me like Kidani does.

You'd have to do multiple stays at both to make your decision. When you are staying at one and longing for the other, that is how you know which you prefer lol!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom Lodge is the best resort on property.
And it's not particularly close.

It’s the best and last (to date) great designed and built Disney property
Aulani hater.

I wouldn't stay at Kidani in less than a 1 bedroom. I either need a full kitchen to whip up breakfast or a proper quick service restaurant (whatever they're slinging out of Sanaa in the mornings these days doesn't count).

The pool is just as good so whichever you're staying in is the one to swim in. Neither pool is so much better than the other that it's worth a walk or bus ride in a wet bathing suit.

BuddyThomas

View attachment 689212
19 animals in this one photo! Checked into a savanna view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the first time ever today and I’m completely blown away. For people questioning whether it’s worth the extra $$ I can’t begin to explain how impressive it really is.
Also, sometimes they just give you a Savanna view room regardless of what category you book. It’s a roll of the dice but we booked standard a few years ago and ended up with what we considered a perfect Savanna view. Just for people to keep in mind, especially during off seasons.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Also, sometimes they just give you a Savanna view room regardless of what category you book. It’s a roll of the dice but we booked standard a few years ago and ended up with what we considered a perfect Savanna view. Just for people to keep in mind, especially during off seasons.
Yep, and it can come in a couple of ways. One way would be a legit upgrade to a Savanna View room. The other is a room that is sold as a Standard View because of some imperfection (weird angle, partial obstruction, service area in the foreground), but by all rights is Savanna View.

Worth pointing out that this will almost never happen for DVC members staying in points. It's a cash thing and fairly limited to Jambo.

BuddyThomas

Yep, and it can come in a couple of ways. One way would be a legit upgrade to a Savanna View room. The other is a room that is sold as a Standard View because of some imperfection (weird angle, partial obstruction, service area in the foreground), but by all rights is Savanna View.

Worth pointing out that this will almost never happen for DVC members staying in points. It's a cash thing and fairly limited to Jambo.
Also, not a big deal but is it Savanna or Savannah? I’ve seen it spelled both ways on here.

Minthorne

For those who just see animals as things or decor, they won't get it. Savanna View will be lost on them.

For the rest of us, the behavior of the various animals is the best. Sit out with your evening drink and you may note that the fluffy eared red river hogs bounce around and behave like puppies as they run to food and play with each other. The Zebra are akin to the police of the savanna, keeping everyone moving along, they've even been known to help coral the giraffe away from work the cast members are doing. The crowned cranes are absolutely full of themselves, peeking at reflections whenever they get a chance. The giraffe are just incredible and gentle... and that's just a few of the critters inhabiting the savannas.

SV rooms are well worth the price
I have the same experience with the native animals I can see from the Boardwalk balcony!

nickys

Premium Member
Couple of things in favour of Kidani not mentioned yet.

The kids splash area is amazing. And there is an area behind the pool bar and by the back gate to the pool from the Rafiki elevator where you can see the Pembe savanna.

The only place to see Pembe is from Kidani, and although it doesn’t have giraffes it does have adorable red river hogs. They have to be kept away from giraffes as they have a nasty bite and often go for the giraffes’ legs. They’re still cute, especially the babies.

Minthorne

They are called Disney guests. And, yes, they too can be very entertaining and loud.😆
One of the funniest (since no one got hurt) times was watching this unfold 10 years ago:

In an example of what not to do while at Walt Disney World, two tourists stole a Disney Cast Member's golf cart and went for a joy ride through the Boardwalk entertainment area.

The two men - Micheal Kulesza from Massachusetts and Donald Rossi from New York - were charged with grand theft after their arrest by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Both men were holding beers at the time of their arrest.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, sheriff's deputies on patrol at the Boardwalk spotted the beer-drinking joy riders as they were "speeding" in a golf cart while "making a ruckus." Bystanders were also jumping out of the way of the out-of-control golf cart. Based on the behavior of the driver and his passenger, the deputies concluded that they were not Disney Cast Members.

After witnessing the golf cart driving in "a reckless manner" and nearly tip over during a high speed turn, the deputies gave chase and caught up with the pair near the back entrance to the Swan Resort.

Realizing their joy ride had quickly come to an end, the two men reportedly apologized as they were being arrested and continued to voice their apololgies as they were transported to jail. Both men have been released on bond.

The golf cart had been parked by a restaurant employee while he was removing trash. The golf cart is valued at $6,000.

note2001

One of the funniest (since no one got hurt) times was watching this unfold 10 years ago:

In an example of what not to do while at Walt Disney World, two tourists stole a Disney Cast Member's golf cart and went for a joy ride through the Boardwalk entertainment area.

The two men - Micheal Kulesza from Massachusetts and Donald Rossi from New York - were charged with grand theft after their arrest by the Orange County Sheriff's Office. Both men were holding beers at the time of their arrest.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, sheriff's deputies on patrol at the Boardwalk spotted the beer-drinking joy riders as they were "speeding" in a golf cart while "making a ruckus." Bystanders were also jumping out of the way of the out-of-control golf cart. Based on the behavior of the driver and his passenger, the deputies concluded that they were not Disney Cast Members.

After witnessing the golf cart driving in "a reckless manner" and nearly tip over during a high speed turn, the deputies gave chase and caught up with the pair near the back entrance to the Swan Resort.

Realizing their joy ride had quickly come to an end, the two men reportedly apologized as they were being arrested and continued to voice their apololgies as they were transported to jail. Both men have been released on bond.

The golf cart had been parked by a restaurant employee while he was removing trash. The golf cart is valued at $6,000.
They would have been far better off to rent a cart at Fort Wilderness and driven around like that - no one would have been the wiser as that's par for course there. 😆

Not saying it's acceptable to drink and drive even a golf cart, just that the people there tend to have no clue how to drive golf carts or deal with stop signs as it is.

Tha Realest

We finally had the chance to stay here and were blown away. Kids put it at the top of the WDW resorts and they’ve stayed at most of them by now. To build anticipation of this visit we listened to one of the very early Disney Dish episodes by Jim Hill and @lentesta. It really is a terrific place, and glad that their catalogue podcasts remain very relevant today!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom