AKL Running Route

jonnyc

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of a health kick at the moment having lost 30 pounds so far. As I've gotten fitter I've began to incorporate more running into my work-outs so am keen to keep this up with some early morning runs when I visit the World in May.

I'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Jambo house and was wondering if anybody has any good running routes (of around 3 miles) around the resort, maybe going from Jambo house to Kidani Village and back (as I read there is a walk-way between)?

On a side note, is the Basketball court at Kidani just for people staying in the villas?

lukacseven

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of a health kick at the moment having lost 30 pounds so far. As I've gotten fitter I've began to incorporate more running into my work-outs so am keen to keep this up with some early morning runs when I visit the World in May.

I'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge at Jambo house and was wondering if anybody has any good running routes (of around 3 miles) around the resort, maybe going from Jambo house to Kidani Village and back (as I read there is a walk-way between)?

On a side note, is the Basketball court at Kidani just for people staying in the villas?
There is a walking path that connects the 2 resorts, but it's well short of a mile. We've stayed at Kidani the past 4 years for the Marathon Weekend and its less than a 5 minute walk. I know Disney frowns upon running on the roads. I also know Kidani allows you to use the pool and other amenities at Jambo House, so I can't imagine not being able to use the courts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hi all,

Congrats on the weight lose. Keep kicking butt and report back and let us know how you do. We have a fun community in the section.

dreamfinder

You can do the path between the two, but beyond that AKL really needs you to hop on the TM at either fitness center. Looping the path between Kidani and Jambo 6 - 8 times should give you around 3 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom