AKL room request

kennedy

I will be staying at AKL and plan to request a room. I've booked a savannah view room, and based on my last visit, I believe the best type of room to get would be:

Third Floor, Arusha savannah, zebra trail, by a feeding station.

Does anyone who has stayed at AKL have better suggestions for a great view of the animals?

Oh, and I'm correct that I want the 3rd floor, right? I thought I remember something about how 2nd floor often had rooms whose view was blocked...

*MichelleP*

I did not care for the Arusha Savannah. I know that seems to be everyone's favorite, but it just did not click with me. We were there in December.

In June, we were on Kudu Trail, Sunrise/(Sunset?) Savannah, and LOVED it.
aklanimal11.jpg

aklanimal3.jpg

aklanimal9.jpg

It was so quiet that you could actually hear the giraffes chewing the leaves.

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Last time I was at AKL, we had a 5th floor Uzima savannah view room, it was right near a feeding area, and animals were in abundance. I don't think you can request an area though. The best you can do is fax a request the week before you go and see what happens, but they do not guarantee particular savannah's.

Upvote 0

MickeyMark

I wish I could remember exactly, but we stayed on the same floor as the lobby. 2nd foor?, I think...Zebra Trail.
It was perfect!! It was quick to the lobby & busses, and a quick trip down one floor to the pool and the Mara.

Have Fun!!!

Upvote 0

*MichelleP*

If I recall correctly, the lobby is actually on Level 3.
Our rooms, both times, have been on Level 5, and have been great. I do suspect that lower levels may be somewhat obstructed as others have reported.
We have in the past, requested and been granted, a room on a specific trail. We wanted to see what it was like on Zebra trail, requested it and were placed there.
Have fun!

Upvote 0

Bliff

Perfect!

That's exactly the area we were in a few months after AKL opened, and we LOVED it! There were boatloads of giraffes every day; it was great - each morning when the CM's drove their truck in to fill the feeding stations, the giraffe would follow the truck, often eating directly from the containers of food in the truck without waiting for it to be put in the feeding box.

We had a couple of the Ankole (spelling?) cattle who basically lived below our balcony, and there was an abundance of the hooved animals such as Kudu, gazelle, etc. The zebras did seem to stay near the Kudu Trail side of the savannah, though.

The only thing missing were ostrich, which were kept in the Sunset Savannah. We went to the "public" viewing area to see those.

If we stay at AKL again, I'll request a similar room for sure!

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

We're staying in AKL, just a standard room- not Savannah view or anything. Is there any room, building, area, side, etc. that I should request? Thanks.

-Aaron

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Our first year we stayed was 2nd floor Uzima savanna. It was great, and the animals were very close most of the day.

The last two years we've been on the 5th floor on the Arusha savanna. We still loved the view, and the animals do still come in close, but nothing like the first year.

We still love both views. And We're happy with both, but if you're looking to have a group of animals sleep under you balcony every night, Uzima is a nice one to do.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Originally posted by kennedy

Does anyone who has stayed at AKL have better suggestions for a great view of the animals?

Have stayed 2nd floor Sunset savannah and 3rd Arusha savannah. Both had great views and we had no obstructed views. You'll love AKL both inside and out!:wave:

Upvote 0

brycedisney

OK well im goin to be stayin at AKL for the first time next week... we have a pool view i was just wondering if anybody has had that before and if they liked it or not????????

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

When we stayed at AKL, we had a pool view on the third floor. You can see some animals, plus it has quick access to the lobby/bus stops. We intend on requesting the same room since I still have the room number. Nostalgic purposes.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom