AKL or OKW

Tk0021

We are making the same decision for our next trip in November. We stayed at AKL a few years ago and I think it is the best Disney hotel. We have stayed at the Contemporary and other than location AKL blows it away. We never stayed at OKW, so that’s why it is tempting. So we are leaning AKL. I will say with the pullout bed, it was annoying to find a place to put the couch cushions when using the bed. They always seemed in the way.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
We are making the same decision for our next trip in November. We stayed at AKL a few years ago and I think it is the best Disney hotel. We have stayed at the Contemporary and other than location AKL blows it away. We never stayed at OKW, so that’s why it is tempting. So we are leaning AKL. I will say with the pullout bed, it was annoying to find a place to put the couch cushions when using the bed. They always seemed in the way.
For sure a negative of sofa beds and part of the reason why they've been swapping in murphy beds for sofa beds during renovations the past few years.

Wilbret

We have DVC contracts at both AKL locations, soooo.... we like that place.
That being said, we also LOVE OKW, believe it or not. The rooms are big, and being able to take a boat to Disney Springs is a big bonus.

So if Disney Springs is an important part of your trip, I might lean that way. Just my 2 cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom