AKL or Beach Club???

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I am an older teen as I just turned 18 back in February. I have never stayed at the Beach Club, but have heard how fantastic the pool is. Now when I stayed at the AKL all I can say is wow. The pool is great and the lobby is just wow. The restaurants there are so good. The thing that was the best for me was we had a savannah view room which was amazing. It is by far my favorite resort in the few times I have been to WDW.
Well, you probably wouldn't like the BC/YC lobbies, since they're rather understated compared to AKL and WL. The key about BC/YC is the location, and Stormalong Bay, the good food and drink right there in the hotel, and/or very close by in BW, the Tuna and Turkey, and -- of course -- Epcot itself.

OneofThree

I am an older teen as I just turned 18 back in February. I have never stayed at the Beach Club, but have heard how fantastic the pool is. Now when I stayed at the AKL all I can say is wow. The pool is great and the lobby is just wow. The restaurants there are so good. The thing that was the best for me was we had a savannah view room which was amazing. It is by far my favorite resort in the few times I have been to WDW.

Gotta say, I was never all that high on AKL until I stayed there last summer for our wedding anniversary. The lobby is spectacular, the vibe of the rooms is romantic, the food is among the best in the World, and being off in a corner of the Disney property has its advantages. The place just feels like you've been sent somewhere else, and the afternoons on the balcony watching the animals was incredibly relaxing for us. The only drawback to AKL for me is that it isn't on Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon. But resort for resort, and considering the value, AKL is a winner.

Beach Club is my favorite with Animal Kingdom Lodge a very close second. I think your kids are the perfect age to be wowed by Animal Kingdom Lodge! It is such an amazing a beautiful resort. Transportation is not bad. The buses are pretty frequent. Never had a long wait for a bus there.

Stormalong Bay is also perfect for your kids and you can boat or walk to two parks. The resort is nice but not as over the top as AKL. I own at Beach Club and feel like I'm home when I'm there. Personally, I like Beach Club for longer trips and Animal Kingdom Lodge for shorter trips. Tough decision.

Red Wench

I have stayed at both resorts. Here is my take on the AKL. It is a beautiful resort with everything you can imagine. The pool is wonderful. The Savannah is so unique to a resort it is amazing. Then there are the restaurants and counter services that are fantastic as well. The only issue I have is it is far away from everything. The Beach Club is right near Epcot and the pool is by far the best pool of all the resorts in WDW. The restaurants with the Yachtsman Steakhouse ,Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream are wonderful. It is also very close to the Boardwalk which has many things to do and has the Boardwalk Bakery. I would say even though both are wonderful, I would go with the Beach Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom