AKL one bedroom value - what view?

Jacquellie

Original Poster
I'm thinking of booking a one bedroom value at AKL using David's DVc rentals. Anyone know what view I might get? I know value can mean poor view - but are there actually any one bedroom villas with a bad view? By bad I mean no view at all or next to buses at parking lot, pool or trees would be ok. Am resigned to not being able to afford savannah, but would cry if I got a "tomb room" I read about on trip advisor where the balcony just had a 6ft wall.

gwhb75

I'm thinking of booking a one bedroom value at AKL using David's DVc rentals. Anyone know what view I might get? I know value can mean poor view - but are there actually any one bedroom villas with a bad view? By bad I mean no view at all or next to buses at parking lot, pool or trees would be ok. Am resigned to not being able to afford savannah, but would cry if I got a "tomb room" I read about on trip advisor where the balcony just had a 6ft wall.

Yes, there are some that have bad views. We had a one bedroom villa, standard view the last two years at AKL. Two years ago we had a room that looked over the covered walkway between the lodge and the busses. This year was a bit better. We overlooked the BBQ/Sports court area. I don't think I've seen any that basically have a wall though.

dreamfinder

Value has nothing to do with the view. Value means smaller room. You can use the roomfinder here -> http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/animal-kingdom-villas/roomfinder , select Value, and both dedicated and lock off one BR and get an idea of the rooms and view. The only rooms I can think of that have a wall on the balcony are normal hotel rooms, that face the walkway down to the buses. They are on the same level as the walkway, so they have a wall to provide privacy. Don't think I have very seen anyone actually staying in those rooms during any of my trips. And there are only 3 or 4 if I recall correctly.

Keep in mind that the values go fast, and there aren't many. You need to make sure to have your request in early to luck out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom