AKL DVC Value 2 bedroom Villa

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Does anyone know how many they accommodate? How many beds or sleeping areas? Also what makes a value different from a regular villa?

We stayed in a value one bedroom many moons ago, and the value designation had to do with location. We overlooked the pool instead of a savannah teeming with African wildlife.

Edit: I just learned me something. The value designation actually means you have a smaller living room area. I guess it is about 4 feet smaller in one dimension. I can honestly say we stayed at a value, 1BR and I didn't notice.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Quoting from the DVC website:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa - Value
The spirit of the savanna comes to life in the inviting rooms of this Resort, set near a vast animal reserve.
  • Sleeps 8
  • 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 full-size sleeper sofa
  • Full kitchen
  • Washer/dryer
  • 2 full bathrooms, including master with whirlpool tub

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa - Standard View
The spirit of the savanna comes to life in the inviting rooms of this Resort, set near a vast animal reserve.
  • Sleeps 9
  • 1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 full-size sleeper sofa & 1 sleeper chair
  • Full kitchen
  • Washer/dryer
  • 2 full bathrooms, including master with whirlpool tub

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village 2 Bedroom Villa - Standard View
The spirit of the savanna comes to life in the spacious rooms of this Resort, set near a vast animal reserve.
  • Sleeps 9
  • 1 king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa & 1 sleeper chair
  • Full kitchen
  • Washer/dryer
  • 3 full bathrooms, including master with whirlpool tub

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

So, basically they're a little smaller than the regular 2 bedroom villa and a different view? Got it. Thanks everyone!

The only difference is the size. They are a few feet shorter, and so don't have the sleeper chair in the room. Value view villas can have any view, savannah, pool, parking lot, etc. It shouldn't be that noticeable, unless you are looking for that extra chair and don't know why its not there. They only exist at AKL Jambo House because those units were converted from hotel rooms, and some were a slightly different size.

Upvote 0

AshleyB53

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! Now were looking into only doing a one bedroom in either OKW or AKL. I love OKW its my family's favorite, I've never stayed at AKL before. Suggestions, anyone?

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thanks everyone! Now were looking into only doing a one bedroom in either OKW or AKL. I love OKW its my family's favorite, I've never stayed at AKL before. Suggestions, anyone?

Totally your call. AKL is much more compact that OKW. The rooms are slightly larger at OKW. The CS at AKL is much larger than at OKW, but is only in Jambo House, if you stay in Kidani you would need to walk/bus to Jambo House. Overall its just a very different feel.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom