AK to AKL to Pop. Drive or bus?

Is there a chart or app anywhere for driving times around Disney World?
I normally use the Disney transportation, but I'm staying at Pop, plan is to spend the day AK, eat at Boma, then return to Pop.
I think I'd rather drive my car this day than deal with having the extra busses to get from AKL back to Pop. What is your opinion?
Drive time from Pop to AK?
And drive time from AK to AKL?
Any foreseen issues with this?
Other recommendations?

Thanks is advance.

dreamfinder

Drive time from AK to AKL is next to nothing. The point where the buses turn right to go into their loop for AK, you should be able to see Jambo House roof line in front of you. Maybe a few minutes. No idea on POP to AK, as we have never stayed there. Depending on your dinner time, if you have park hoppers (the only time I think they are worth it) you may be able to get back to a park to see fireworks as part of a bus transfer.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I normally use the Disney transportation, but I'm staying at Pop, plan is to spend the day AK, eat at Boma, then return to Pop.
I think I'd rather drive my car this day than deal with having the extra busses to get from AKL back to Pop. What is your opinion?
Other recommendations?

Thanks is advance.
We just stayed in AoA last week. It is right beside Pop. You can walk across the bridge to get there. The bus ride from AK was long. Coming back they had to stop at Blizzard Beach first. It may be that the Pop bus has to stop at Typhoon. I only did this once because I had to leave the park before the others. We drove the car there, and they brought it back to AoA. If you take the bus to AKL to eat, you will have to get the bus back to AK first, but that is a really quick trip. I saw several buses come by for AKL while I was waiting for the AoA bus. The only disadvantage I see to the car, is being able to park at AKL. I've not stayed there, but every other resort we've stayed in had security at the front gate. I think all you have to do is show your dining reservation or they probably have a master list at the gate; not sure on that one. Others will tell you. I don't like being at the mercy of the bus particularly at parks with easy parking like AK and HS.

Upvote 0

luv

The Unofficial Guide has a list of transportation times, with both driving yourself and using Disney's systems. I would drive.

It's maybe a ten minute drive. It's also very easy. When you leave the AKL, you're on Osceola Parkway, which you stay on until Victory Way, where you turn left. Thats it. One turn, lol. Pop will be on the right. I'm almost certain that you pass the sign/entrance for AoA before you hit the Pop one.

I have no idea how long it would take on the bus, but you'd have to bus to somewhere else first (AK would be best, if it is still open) and then bus to PoP. They don't run busses from hotel to hotel, which is why you have to go somewhere else first and then transfer.

If you drive, you will likely arrive at Pop before you would have arrived at wherever the bus would have taken you to wait for another bus.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

I do not know.

Time wise you will save a lot of time if you drive your own car.
Yes.

What is your opinion?
Car

Drive time from Pop to AK? See 1 thru 4 below, but stay right on step 4 to go to AK. Figure 5 minutes drive.

And drive time from AK to AKL? See 5 thru 6 below for approximate distance. How long does it take to drive 1 mile at 25mph;). When leaving AK parking, just take the first and only right ramp onto West Osceala Pkwy and go straight on it until you arrive at the gate guard for AKL. If you want to go back to Pop then out of the parking lot you go under West Osceala Parkway and turn left on Victory Way.

Car:
Pop to AKL.
1. Go North on Century Dr (that is a left out of the resort) ~.5 miles.
2. Go South on Victory Way (that is a left off of Century Dr) ~.6 miles.
3. Take right merge ramp on West Osceala Pkwy (this is the very first cross road).
4. Continue to go West on West Osceala Pkwy ~1.92 miles (just stay in the left lane for AKL and the right lane for AK park).
5. Stay left on West Osceala Pkway so you go not go into the parking lot for AK park.
6. Continue to go West on West Osceala Pkwy another (you are now passing AK park) ~1 mile and you will arrive at the AKL resort gate guard building.

Total distance ~4.02 miles.

Bus:
Pop to AKL.
1. Hop bus to AK park.
2. Hop bus from AK park to AKL.

or

1. Hop bus to downtown Disney (this is the opposite direction of AK and AKL).
2. Hop bus to AKL.

Any foreseen issues with this? Just make sure you get your free parking pass at Pop when you check-in. You will not have any issue parking at AKL if you have dining reservations.

Other recommendations? Try not to be disappointed in WDW transportation once you see how wonderful driving your own self around is.
Really driving around WDW property is easy and if you miss the turn you wanted there is always another way to get there. Look at google earth to get a overhead view of the roads.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Other recommendations?

Thanks is advance.

Animal Kingdom Park to DAK Lodge = Approximately 7 minutes
DAK Lodge to Pop = Approximately 13 minutes

Brought to you by the wonderful googlemaps! haha. But honestly when hopping between resorts, especially at night, I highly recommend using your car and not Disney transportation. If you were using Disney transportation the move from DAK Lodge to Pop would likely require you to take the bus from DAKL to Studios or Epcot (depending on which was open, even worse DTD) and from there the bus to Pop. Easily 45min. to an hour of travel time. That over 13 minutes is worse the "hassle" of driving. Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

luv

Even if you weren't eating at AKL or staying in a WDW hotel, you could still visit AKL. Everyone is welcome to visit the hotels. Everyone. They just ask for you driver's license. Self-parking is free.

No worries at all about going to AKL...or any other hotel, for that matter. Anyone can go in. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom