AK, night before parks closure

Just finished a week visit with my darling daughters to all four parks
EPCOT on Tuesday with typical crowds, barbecue, craft and The Guess Who, perfect
Thursday at MK, dodging strollers, but not bad
Then the news of shutdown
Studios on Saturday, BG in 15 seconds, backups still available at 8:30, MMRR 60 wait time
AK today, Sunday, 70 wait for Flight, under Standby sign and out the exit in 60...twice
One of the best experiences I’ve had at WDW, after visiting for 48 years now, occurred at close of AK tonight
After Rivers Of Light, cross the bridge and walking through forest towards exit, we hear cheering, chanting and clapping
Daughter-must be Rainforest Cafe...me-No
We clear trees and just before the gate was an “end of game soccer tunnel” of CM’s with Mickey gloves creating the ruckus
We had to visit the facilities before the parking lot, I got out first and asked a CM at the head of the line if this event was typical
He said-I wish...me-shutdown?...CM-yep
Every CM, from sanitation to skirts and suits were ear-to-ear smiles and jacked up!
My daughters returned, I said we’re going to do what you did as a soccer player and high-five every one of them on each side on the way out
We did, and with sincerity I said “See ya soon“, high five-ing every one of them
The last CM was a suit, and when I said “See ya soon”, he said, with an ear to ear grin of enthusiasm...
”See ya real soon!”
It was so Disney, and an awesome finale to an incredibly memorable weeklong visit with my daughters
Cheers to you AK CM’s, cheers...and see ya real soon!

MEyeSeeKayEY

I will try to take that into consideration the next time I reply to a thread on an internet message board thank you for your time and encouragement and willingness to help during this difficult time in my life I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart I hope you have a great day and that you get to go back to Disney very soon because I know it's a place that is near and dear to your happy heart I hope that you also find two things in life one would be punctuation and the other is the ability to take a freaking joke with some sort of sense of humor

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom