night time parade +/or fireworks?? The animals would go crazy

won't they??

Did WDI think of a solution yet?

If they will add EE and FFF they would definetly need to be open

until night and at some time guests will start complaining

because there won't be a night show... What do u think they will

do?

tigsmom

Thought the reason there weren't any fireworks or parade at night was out of consideration for the animals...

civileng68

Account Suspended
no problem

This is no problem because it will never happen.

The reason the park closes early and that there are no nighttime festivities, including fireworks and parades is because of the animals.

They are very serious about keeping all animals healthy and stress levels down.

You will never, ever see fireworks at AK or a nighttime parade.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im sure when the park first opened it was open at about 7 in the morning.

If you add a few more attarctions there will be plenty to do at night, id love to see the park when its dark.

DisneyFan 2000

Original Poster
Re: no problem

Originally posted by civileng68
This is no problem because it will never happen.

The reason the park closes early and that there are no nighttime festivities, including fireworks and parades is because of the animals.

They are very serious about keeping all animals healthy and stress levels down.

You will never, ever see fireworks at AK or a nighttime parade.

It will happen because at one time Ak will decide to open till late and they would want people staying for more reasons more than their attractions. I'm sure WDW managment thought of something but the question is what?

s25843

Re: Re: no problem

Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
It will happen because at one time Ak will decide to open till late and they would want people staying for more reasons more than their attractions. I'm sure WDW managment thought of something but the question is what?

Right now they really Dont need to stay open late. I read somewhere that they tried Night Safaris one winter and the Trucks were outfitted with Bright lights and had a 2nd CM up front to do the spotting. This was actually extremely popular.

I am not sure if that is going to return anytime soon though

pan11435

This will never happen, Peta would be all over it and the animals would have like heart attacks or something

Peta has nothing to do with it, few take them seriously anymore. And fireworks would scare the animals no more than thunder which you should know is quite common in Florida. And animal Kingdom did have fireworks new years eve 1999 so they have already done it. Eventualy once Ak has more rides and restaurants to keep and feed people in the park later, they will stay open later and will have some night show.

I think your all underestimating disney here. a night show does not have to be fireworks and explosions. We may see something similiar to MSEP and Spectro. Or maybe even something completely original thet we've never seen before.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by pan11435
Peta has nothing to do with it, they're just an organization of crazy animal loving fools who belive anybody who touches an animal should be killed.
Whoa now,
I'm not a big fan of PETA, but that may offend some people on these boards ;)
Sorry if I'm coming off as mean, I'm not trying to be.
-Kevin

Maerj

Also, they say that they bring all the animals in at night. Still, I don't see a big fireworks spectacular happening there everynight. Maybe they could do a big nighttime closing show though? Some sort of African-tribal themed storyteller type show we be appropriate.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Maerj
Also, they say that they bring all the animals in at night. Still, I don't see a big fireworks spectacular happening there everynight. Maybe they could do a big nighttime closing show though? Some sort of African-tribal themed storyteller type show we be appropriate.
That would be a good idea! :sohappy:

ArsonWinter

If Disney can build some sort of indoor nighttime show, or something like that, it could work.

AK could stay open until 8 though. In fact, if you close off Africa and Asia (with EE, there's talk of a bridge from Dinoland to Asia, which won't be closed off) you can see that it's actually easy to stay open late, if you want guests confined to the Tree of Life, Camp Minnie-Mickey, Dinoland, and a part of Asia.

I'm sure this was thought out at some point, and may have been the basis for the inclusion of Beastly Kingdom...

Maerj

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin
That would be a good idea! :sohappy:

Thanks! If they would do that, I think that Rafiki should be the host or story teller. Just make it very different than the other park's closing shows. Maybe more of a musical story around a large fire?

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Maerj
Thanks! If they would do that, I think that Rafiki should be the host or story teller. Just make it very different than the other park's closing shows. Maybe more of a musical story around a large fire?
Yeah, that definitely would be a good idea, to make it more familiar to kids.
It could be a little like Fantasmic, with the Rafiki character and then his voice over the loudspeaker.

s25843

Originally posted by pan11435
Peta has nothing to do with it, few take them seriously anymore. And fireworks would scare the animals no more than thunder which you should know is quite common in Florida. And animal Kingdom did have fireworks new years eve 1999 so they have already done it. Eventualy once Ak has more rides and restaurants to keep and feed people in the park later, they will stay open later and will have some night show.

I think your all underestimating disney here. a night show does not have to be fireworks and explosions. We may see something similiar to MSEP and Spectro. Or maybe even something completely original thet we've never seen before.

AK Did have fireworks, however they were shot from the parking lot, so they would be far enough away from the Animals

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm sure that someday AK will be open into the evenings. The park is already outfitted with lighting for night time use, and Disney spent a great deal of money on restaurants and shops. To keep their use limited to daytime only is a huge revenue loss and just a temporary measure (in the grand scheme of things) in my opinion. As the park is built out over the years, there will be a greater guest demand (higher attendance) for attraction usage than there is now, hence a park with later operating hours. I forsee a number of bigger attractions being constructed at the front end of the park, allowing for Africa and Asia to be closed early (giving the animals their needed quiet time), while leaving a hefty chunck of park open for night time use. The Camp Mickey-Minnie area, originally intended for Beastly Kingdom, has a lot of room in which to build. There is also a lot of support area behind there that could be moved when the space is needed. I'd also bet that Disney is developing some sort of night time show, that doesn't use pyro, etc...to be used in the front of the park. Only time will tell as to what surprises DAK will provide in the future. We can be sure that with the initial investment that has been made in this park, many more BIG things are planned for it.

DisneyMan

Originally posted by Michael72688
how come places like Busch Gardens dont fireworks, they're open till 10:30pm all summer long? No fireworks there

I would guess that its a cost to income ratio. Fireworks are extreamly expensive even if you do get them at cost. They probably don't have enought money coming in from the park entry fee's to pay for it. But who knows :lookaroun

mkepcotmgmak

Don't underestimate the power of THE DISNEY... lol

you guys really are underestimating Disney here... look - i think that when the ak gets EE, and a few more eating places, and maybe FFF or just one more new thing to advertise about, the crowds will linger for a little while longer, then Disney knows if they add something at night, the guests are hooked from open to close...

disney has SO many ways to make a nightime event. a parade wouldn't be aweful for the animals, but i still think disney will be original, probably a show, at the front of the park - maybe on the opposite side of rainforest cafe - maybe another ampitheater for an animal themed fantasmic... never know - just saying that if disney really thought it would behoove them to have nightime entertainment at the ak, they would implement it.

also, one more thing - i had never been on any of the walking trails to see the animals out of my 5 visits to the AK, but when i went on the college program, i had plenty of time to stroll around, those things are AWESOME - if you love nature - Disney really should "market" them better to the guests, as well as Rafiki's planet watch - i have yet to make it out there, but hearing you guys on these boards, it sounds like something i should at least check out...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom