AirTran December Dates

Unomas

Does anyone know when AirTran typically releases their December dates? We are departing on December 17 and returning December 28. We are already booked and just need to get our airline straightened out. Anyone who has traveled during this time have a clue?

alawrence

We have flown with AirTran for our last several trips from Texas. We went in December of 2009 and it believe it cost $89 per person. We did just go in October of 2010 and it was only $69 per person. We are headed back in October of this year, and as of Saturday, it will be $96 per person, which is not bad at all in comparison to what most of the other air carriers are charging right now.:wave:

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We actually flew AirTran this past December... I believe the rates were released in early May. I know we finally booked in June though, Good luck!

Upvote 0

Unomas

Original Poster
Well I'll just have to keep an eye out for it...I'm hoping the SouthWest merger doesn't ruin a good thing...It was the cheapest fare to Disney from DFW...

Upvote 0

Finallyin09

airfare is so frustrating!

We are going 11/2-11/9. southwest and airtran are both only going to 11/4 right now. So, I could have booked one way, which I should have done. Because yesterday on both airtran and sw 1 way from kc to orlando 89 amd 99...today the same flight 124 on air tran and 166 on sw...Ugh!!!! So frustrating!!!! I did see on Airtrans facebook page November would be released by May 1. So hopefully they will release for you in December as well!
Good luck!:hammer:

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

My flight home for Nov 8th just came out this morning at 6 am and I booked my flight going Oct 29th March 20th so i would have to say june ! I do believe I went dec 11-16th 2010 and booked june 14th

Upvote 0

journ116

To Finallyin09: No worries! I've flown with AirTran for years, and I've run into your situation a number of times...you know, I would look for flights on a Wednesday morning and they'd be $79 each way, but by Saturday morning, the price would jump to $127+!! Here are a few suggestions:
1. When looking for flights, browse on weekday mornings, early morning.
2. If the airline is offering a special (like AirTran was earlier this week, if you were to fly out of BWI), sometimes there are lower rates out of ALL the airports AirTran uses!
3. Keep track of flight prices...when I would book for my December trips, I'd usually have our flights booked by May. However, I would randomly look at AirTran's website at my particular flight and twice I've found that my flight actually fell by $20 each way!! (I think this was in the fall, only 3 months out from my scheduled trip). I then called an AirTran rep and asked if they honored price drops, which they do, and I'd receive credit to be used toward booking other flights, seat upgrades or paying for baggage!!:sohappy:

I hope this helps a little!! Oh, December flights should be out by May!

Upvote 0
When I just read someone saying AirTran extended their schedule this morning, I jumped over to their sight...I have a huge family trip planned for November and only have airfare left to book...the prices are over $400 EACH WAY from any NY airport!!! What is that all about?!? I know gas is up, but that is like 4 times their usual fare!! Now I'm beginning to panic! Jet Blue still hasn't extended through November - I wish they would hurry up!

Upvote 0

wdwmouse

We are going in November, too and saw the rates are up today. They are really high on the Air Tran site, but are decent on Orbitz and Expedia. I know the company website will change prices, too. They usually are about the same as the websites I mentioned above. I think the prices just must be "filler" for now and will come down.

I am debating going ahead with booking, as it looks like $127 per person one way from Harrisburg, PA to MCO, non-stop. I think the days of $79 airfare are gone, although I saw it for mid-week travel for September, PHL to MCO the other day.(on Air Tran)

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

We are going in November, too and saw the rates are up today. They are really high on the Air Tran site, but are decent on Orbitz and Expedia. I know the company website will change prices, too. They usually are about the same as the websites I mentioned above. I think the prices just must be "filler" for now and will come down.

I am debating going ahead with booking, as it looks like $127 per person one way from Harrisburg, PA to MCO, non-stop. I think the days of $79 airfare are gone, although I saw it for mid-week travel for September, PHL to MCO the other day.(on Air Tran)

airfare went down today except for the one i want im coming home nov 8th and its the only time i want is still 400.00!! :-(

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

I then called an AirTran rep and asked if they honored price drops, which they do, and I'd receive credit to be used toward booking other flights, seat upgrades or paying for baggage!!:sohappy:

I didn't realize they did this......I'm really tempted to book at $109 out of Rochester NY....

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

To Finallyin09: No worries! I've flown with AirTran for years, and I've run into your situation a number of times...you know, I would look for flights on a Wednesday morning and they'd be $79 each way, but by Saturday morning, the price would jump to $127+!! Here are a few suggestions:
1. When looking for flights, browse on weekday mornings, early morning.
2. If the airline is offering a special (like AirTran was earlier this week, if you were to fly out of BWI), sometimes there are lower rates out of ALL the airports AirTran uses!
3. Keep track of flight prices...when I would book for my December trips, I'd usually have our flights booked by May. However, I would randomly look at AirTran's website at my particular flight and twice I've found that my flight actually fell by $20 each way!! (I think this was in the fall, only 3 months out from my scheduled trip). I then called an AirTran rep and asked if they honored price drops, which they do, and I'd receive credit to be used toward booking other flights, seat upgrades or paying for baggage!!:sohappy:

I hope this helps a little!! Oh, December flights should be out by May!

I then called an AirTran rep and asked if they honored price drops, which they do, and I'd receive credit to be used toward booking other flights, seat upgrades or paying for baggage!!:sohappy:

I didn't realize they did this......I'm really tempted to book at $109 out of Rochester NY....

From the Airtran Website:

Frequently asked questionsSpecials and Sale Fares
I have already purchased my tickets and have seen specials for a less expensive fare. Can I get the lower price?

A $75 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase, plus any applicable increase in airfare. Any changes to your reservation must occur at least 1 hour prior to departure.

Upvote 0

journ116

I just called an AirTran rep and asked her, "I'm about to book a flight and wanted to know if I book now and a couple of months from now, the price for that flight drops, will you honor the difference?"
To which she replied, "Yes, you will receive credit that is good for one year. That credit can be used for booking future flights, baggage fees or seat upgrades."
I then asked her, "Is there a fee to do this, because I read on your site there's a $75 fee incurred?"
She said, "No. There is no fee."
I'm assuming the fee is for if you were to switch flights, as there is a fee with most airlines (with the exception of Southwest).
I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

wdwmouse

Today I saw $89 each way on Air Tran, PHL to MCO for November! Non-stop! Now I have to decide if going out of Harrisburg is worth the extra $$. Or should I just go out of Philly??? Ahhh!

Upvote 0

lbrad

Today I saw $89 each way on Air Tran, PHL to MCO for November! Non-stop! Now I have to decide if going out of Harrisburg is worth the extra $$. Or should I just go out of Philly??? Ahhh!

Not sure where you live BUT did you try BWI to MCO???
Saw today $89 Non-stop BWI to MCO with Airtran... +additional $15/bag

I booked today for $103 Non-stop BWI to MCO with Southwest....NO BAGGAGE FEE( price includes 2 free checked bags)

Upvote 0

journ116

Just keep watching those rates! Last week, when AirTran was only posting schedules up until Nov. 2nd, I saw flights out of MDT to MCO for $89 & $99 each way!!! If you ever see a promo on AirTran's website (i.e. like last week, "Spring out of Baltimore), sometimes the other airports offer lower rates as well!
I'm waiting for the December rates to come out, because by then, hopefully, the rates for my early November trip might drop!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom