Airports

vanessa king

Original Poster
Just wondering…..:lookaroun

What’s Orlando Sanford airport like to fly in to? And how long does it take to get from there to WDW? Last time we visited we flew in to Orlando international, it was ok there and transport from the airport to the hotel wasn’t that long.

Based on orlando international how do they compare?

Jason-M

I'm flying into Sanford for the first time this year and i was a little apprehensive about it , but if i get my bags quicker than orlando then i don't mind the drive from Sanford :D

Is it very much different to Orlando International??

I'm flying into Sanford for the first time this year and i was a little apprehensive about it , but if i get my bags quicker than orlando then i don't mind the drive from Sanford :D

Is it very much different to Orlando International??

It's a lot smaller. And completely full of British people.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I used to do a lot of work at Sanford Orlando Airport (SFB). I would put the drive closer to and hour. Just hop on 417 (with $6 in toll money) and you'll be there in no time. You can take I-4 but it is always backed up. Drivers in Florida are the worst rubber-neckers I have ever seen. They come to a screeching halt if there is anything out of the ordinary on the side of the road. Especially on I-4.

As for the airport itself, it is great. No wheres near as big as Orlando (MCO) so you get your bags quicker and it is a short walk to the rental car counters if you are renting a car.

adrianuk91

It's a lot smaller. And completely full of British people.
:lol: true its because most of the charter flights from the UK fly into sanford, i prefer sanford to orlando international partly as the last time we flew into MCO i was nealry 3 and apparently we landed in a huge thunderstorm and it was really turbulant, anyway it has taken us about 1 hour down the toll road to get to kissimmee the other two times ive been to florida and also like other people have said you get your bags quicker and the car rentle it just outside about 5 min walk if that if i remeber correctly. hope this helps

vanessa king

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I can put my mind at ease now.

As for the transport we have it already booked through Disney so we will have to go which ever way they take us. But thanks anyway for the advice.

leosmummy

Hi

I much prefer Sanford to International and always try to fly there now. It is further away but, becuase the airport is smaller we have found personally that we all manage to get out alot quicker and on the road. The other benefits is the Palm Lounge for when you depart it is very good value and helps soften the blow of having to go home.

phlydude

You can see by this link:
http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/airlines.asp#
that the airport serves more of the charter based business and 1 low cost airline serving the US.

For the lower fares or travel package booked flights, you really don't have a choice.

It is a good airport, just smaller like everyone else said (1.78 million annual passengers compared to 37.19 million for Orlando Int'l [MCO] )

eroyee

As for the transport we have it already booked through Disney so we will have to go which ever way they take us. But thanks anyway for the advice.
How do you book transport through Disney for travel from Sanford and WDW??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
All due respects to MCO, last year we were on the Greenway within an hour of touching down (despite the fact that according to immigrations computer I didn't exist)

I`ve had opinions of MCO in the past, but last year - and with Virgins perks - it was very pleasant. Personally I`d compare Sandford to landing in Liverpool when you are going to Manchester.

mickey&me

If by having it "already booked through Disney" you mean on Magical Express, you'd better change your flight plans; ME only comes to and from Orlando International.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
From an international flight arrival perspective the baggage claim at Orlando International (Terminal B at least) is pretty quick as of around November last year.

They have finally sorted out the mess that was the separation of incoming and outgoing passengers and you can take your bags on the tram after collecting them rather than collect you bags, walk down a hall, put the bags on another belt, get on the tram, go to bag claim again!. It saves a lot of time just collecting your bags the once.

maryszhi

i love orlando international since it has magical express, united and american airlines from ohare, and hertz( we have their gold membership) if it wasnt for those i would prob. fly into stanford or tampa

vanessa king

Original Poster
I’ve checked with our travel agent, an when I book the trip I just gave in all the details from my last visit in April.

So I thought the only difference was that we were flying to a different airport an the transport and every think else was the same. But I got it wrong, we do have our transport from the Airport to WDW, but its not the magical express :(, it’s just through the tour operator.

Which isn’t that bad really!!?

Well what can I expect?? I got this deal alot, lot cheaper than last time. So there is room for a slight change. LOL :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom