Airport

petersenjp

Original Poster
We are flying into Sanford airport from Iowa. Has anyone ever flown into this airport before? Is it difficult to get from there to POR???

CAPTAIN HOOK

I watched an "Airport" TV programme the other day about MCO and Sandford - I knew Sandford was further north, but I didn't know that it was 50 miles away. Book yourself a hire car or prepare to stump up for a rather large taxi fare

petersenjp

Original Poster
We actually a renting a car. Figured with how far it was, it would almost be cheaper. Plus, I need to be able to get to my Mt. Dew if I start having with draws :ROFLOL:

DAKOTADISNEY

We flew into Sanford a few years ago and had no problem. We rented a car and it took about an hour to get down to WDW. We got in around 9:00pm so the traffic was pretty light. We didn't have any problem finding our resort, which was Caribbean Beach. The airport is small so it is easy to get around in.

fredtom

We've flown in and out of Sanford a few times... It is farther from WDW than MCO-- about 45 miles away, an hour-- more or less depending on traffic. It isn't difficult. You can get directions at the car rental counter. The airport is nice and much smaller than Orlando. We've also found it cheaper to rent a car than hiring a limo, which is $80-100 each way. You'll be fine.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

mousespouse

I've picked up / dropped off family at the Sanford and I've flown in/out of there myself. I love the Alligent Air prices! The airport is great. Very small and easy to use! Just remember to bring $$ (mostly quarters) for the tolls. And, use the tolls. They are great! Worth every dime (quarter!).

miles1

You'll love Sanford, especially if you've ever flown into MCO. The extra drive time is more than made up for by avoiding the luggage claim, congestion, and car rental counters at MCO. The drive is very direct, and we found the traffic very light at mid-day.

Have a good trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom