Airport Transportation

Carolwood

Original Poster
Anyone have suggestions for ground transportation from Orlando Airport to Disney resort hotels. Are there any alternatives to the Mears Shuttle, which I have used several times. Anyone have experience with Quicksilver Tours & Transportation...Thanks for your help. 33 days and counting!

nicholas

Quicksilver.

Will be using them for the first time this Sunday, but have heard enough amazing reviews from people on here to already know that they are going to be amazing. Defintitely look into them.

You can go to the Transportation Forum and do a search on Quicksilver. We did a search and found that almost all, if not all, the reviews were positive. We will be using them in January, but haven't yet made the reservations as we still are looking for good airfares.

swimmom

We are through using Mears. Used a towncar service the last trip which was so much better than Mears. From all the good reviews I've read about Quicksilver, we plan on using them in December.

Raven66

Hey all,
I just did a search for Quicksilver and I can't seem to find it. Could I get a website? I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place. :brick: Thank you in advance.

morrismhs

quiksilver

My DH and I used Quiksilver for the first time in August(we had always used Mears). The service was great. The driver met us at baggage claim and it took maybe five minutes for him to get the car. Plus, the grocery stop was wonderful. I was able to really save a lot of money. Even with the grocery stop, I estimated that we got to the hotel well before Mears would have. I will definitely use them again.

huskies90

This doesn't get discussed much but another option is to rent a car for the week. If you have 4 or more in your group, it is going to cost around $100-$110 w/tip etc to use a shuttle or a car service. I found a WEEKLY rental from Dollar for $94 mid size for the week I am going in November. With taxes, gas, etc it will cost me about the same as using a car service. Although you have to pick up the car, return the car and drive yourself to and from the resort, you get the HUGE benefit of having a car at your disposal for the entire week. I personally love having a car 'cause although the disney transporation is good, sometimes you want to drive yourself or go somewhere offsite and I can justify having a car by using the $$ I would spend on my airport transportion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom