Airport transfers from Orlando Intl (MCO).

Mickeylover

Original Poster
Are there bus services that run between the airport and WDW? All I have found so far are private town cars for $100 round trip, which isnt to bad, but a cheaper alternative would be preferred.

Any ideas, or links?

Mears is an option. It is a bus service from MCO to WDW. Not my favorite mode of transportation as it can take an hour or more to get to your destination--they make multiple stops along the way. You could be first or last......

If you have 2 or more travelling with you, the towncar services cost about the same as taking Mears and it is much more convenient...

FYI, it is $29.00 round trip. It can be a van or it can be a bus. I've taken both.

AEfx

jordanyosh said:
Mears is an option. It is a bus service from MCO to WDW. Not my favorite mode of transportation as it can take an hour or more to get to your destination--they make multiple stops along the way. You could be first or last......

If you have 2 or more travelling with you, the towncar services cost about the same as taking Mears and it is much more convenient...

FYI, it is $29.00 round trip. It can be a van or it can be a bus. I've taken both.
Unless you are going solo, or you only have two people and are strapped for the extra $30-40 bucks, then take a town car. Mears is okay, but having a driver with a sign that has your name on it waiting for you at the luggage claim and then taking a direct trip to your resort without waiting for the next Mears shuttle, and then waiting through however many stops are for other visitors is so much nicer. Plus, you get a grocery stop for free with most companies - and having a few snacks/soda/water of your own in the room will save extra trips to the food court.

At $30/person roundtrip with Mears, groups of three or more definately should choose a towncar as it's cheaper. They also rent vans for the same price, I believe, if your group is larger than 4.

AEfx

MickeyLuv'r

Depending on how many are in your party, you might want to check out car rental prices, too. Often the price is about the same, and then you have a car at your disposal, even if you doon't use it much.

Craig & Lisa

:animwink: my family and I have been going for a number of years and we have taken mears they were ok but when we found out the town cars we realized that they were generally more convienent than the buses. and ALOT faster then the mears buses or vans, you get to baggage claim and they are there with a sign that has your name once you tell them who you are they say they'll have the car over someplace and away you go while the mears people sit and wait for a bus or van to be filled up, 30 minutes tops to the hotel!:D

AEfx

Craig & Lisa said:
:animwink: my family and I have been going for a number of years and we have taken mears they were ok but when we found out the town cars we realized that they were generally more convienent than the buses. and ALOT faster then the mears buses or vans, you get to baggage claim and they are there with a sign that has your name once you tell them who you are they say they'll have the car over someplace and away you go while the mears people sit and wait for a bus or van to be filled up, 30 minutes tops to the hotel!:D
Yes, with Mears, it's so the luck of the draw. Last time I arrived at 9:30am on a Thursday morning, and there were very few people. I've heard of groups arriving (as people have confirmed in this thread) and there being throngs of people.

I was also lucky because Pop Century is generally the first stop when Mears goes to WDW, so I got there rather quickly.

The one caveat to Mears, and it's a big one to me, is that they require you to be picked up 2.5/3 hours before departure. The last time, my flight was at 5:30, and they had me to the check-in stand by 3. I checked in, then sat outside on a bench for a good hour reading a book before I even went in the airport. That's an extra hour I could have spent in a park on my final day.

I haven't decided yet about my next trip - I'm tempted to just use Mears again, but if I have the extra money (although my visit won't be solo my trip to the resort will be) I'm going to just splurge on a towncar for myself and have it pick me up right at MGM. I saw luggage lockers there the last time I visited, and I always visit MGM as my last park. I do need to find out how much they cost - if regular lockers are $7 (which seems like a whole lot to me) I don't want to even think about how much the big ones are.

AEfx

SafariGuy

I've used both Mears & a towncar service on previous trips & they both have their pros & cons.

Mears usually has the advantage on price (depending on how many are in your party) & you don't have to plan in advance. Just walk down to their booth at the airport when you de-plane & buy a ticket. As mentioned, it's a total toss-up as to how long it will be before the next bus leaves & how many stops you'll have to sit through before it reaches your hotel. I had to wait about 20 minutes for a bus to depart & sit through two stops en route - not horrible, but an hour wasted nonetheless. They were also about 20 minutes late in picking me up on the return trip to the airport.

The towncar option was nicer, though more expensive. I loved just riding down the escalator to see someone with a sign with my name & off we went with no waiting. The car was clean & the grocery stop was nice (though there was a bit of subtle pressure to make it quick). I didn't like that the driver talked on a cell phone while driving, but that's the luck of the draw.

Overall, I would go with the towncar, despite the higher price. As with most things, you get what you pay for!

mattlori

We just used the Mears shuttle and lucked out. There were just the 2 of us, and price was an issue for the whole trip. I had booked using the Mears web site, so it was easy once we arrived. We saw a bunch of vans waiting, but then a bus pulled up and we all piled on. We were the first stop (Port Orleans - French Quarter). Lucky us!

If there was even one more person in our group I would have gone for a town car though. Probably if you have kids a town car would be much better anyways.

phath0ggie

Town car cheaper?

I am goign to Disney over New Years. I have read your info abotu Mears and the towncars. I have a large group so it soudns like a town car woudl be the way to go...10 or so of us. Does anyone have contact information so i can call ahead of time and have someone waiting? Thanks Pat

Disneyvacatione

Hey MickeyLover,

My expirience is that you should use a transportaion service in Orlando. I used Diznee Ride of Orlando and they worked perfectly. Their driver was waiting for me at the airport and was very helpful, fun and polite. Same on my way back to the airport. You can get a direct way to your resort and be there and no time. Their website is www.dizneeride.com . Give them a try. You will enjoy the convinience. They are awsome. Have a great vacation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom