Airport Transfer

Billy Bob

Original Poster
Hello fellow Disney lovers........The wife and I haven't been there in over 15 years but we just made reservations for the Swan in mid April....I don't want to rent a car so what's the best/economical way to get from the airport to the Swan Resort and of course back to the airport......

Thanks for your time,
Bob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello fellow Disney lovers........The wife and I haven't been there in over 15 years but we just made reservations for the Swan in mid April....I don't want to rent a car so what's the best/economical way to get from the airport to the Swan Resort and of course back to the airport......

Thanks for your time,
Bob

Welcome to WDWMAGIC!

We have a long time transportation sponsor here on WDWMAGIC called Quicksilver. If you do a search you will find many very good reviews of their service. http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/
I personally use them, so I highly recommend them.

Rob562

You can also use Mears when you get to the airport. There's a Mears desk near the DME desk. They might even put you on a DME bus to get to the Swan/Dolphin. (Mears is the company that Disney contracts the bus operations out to for DME)

-Rob

Billy Bob

Original Poster
I found that the Mears Transportation Service has the best price at $66 for the two of us, round trip......but if I stayed at a less expensive hotel like Port Orleans it would of been FREE (my favorite word).....funny how that worked out for us....:shrug:

Rob562

I found that the Mears Transportation Service has the best price at $66 for the two of us, round trip......but if I stayed at a less expensive hotel like Port Orleans it would of been FREE (my favorite word).....funny how that worked out for us....:shrug:

That's because DME is a service only for Guests of the Disney owned-and-operated hotels. The Swan, Dolphin, Shades of Green and the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels, while being physically *on* Disney property, are not eligible for DME service.

And if you wanted to get technical, I'm sure that the cost for DME was wiggled into the prices of the hotels at some point...

-Rob

Billy Bob

Original Poster
Thank you, all have been so VERY HELPFUL.......one last question on this....how far in advance should I reserve my transfer to and from the airport.

Thanks again so much for your time,

Bob

Rob562

For the shared-van transportation on Mears, you can even just walk-up to the Mears counter at the airport and book your transportation then. No prior reservations necessary, though I'm sure if you booked it in advance online it would speed up the process at the airport.

When I was in WDW last month and was going to Universal for the day, I just called Mears the evening before to book my transportation from Pop Century.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank you, all have been so VERY HELPFUL.......one last question on this....how far in advance should I reserve my transfer to and from the airport.

Thanks again so much for your time,

Bob

Just one word of caution. The Mears bus is a shared, and non-direct transfer. You may end up in the van driving to several other hotels before yours.

You cant beat the personal service of a towncar. Someone waiting for you at baggage, and gets you into the Swan in 30 minutes.

Billy Bob

Original Poster
Just one word of caution. The Mears bus is a shared, and non-direct transfer. You may end up in the van driving to several other hotels before yours.

You cant beat the personal service of a towncar. Someone waiting for you at baggage, and gets you into the Swan in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the tip as I will have to keep that in mind.......the bride is paying this time around so who know, maybe we will be walking to WDW...LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom