Airfare strategies?

DisneyDOG

My wife and I were planning a Spring Break trip from Chicago to Orlando. We are season pass holders and love to go out as much as we can to DW. We both teach, so we are closely defined by the Holidays and breaks. Last week, Southwest released their flight schedules and pricing through May. We were both consumed by work last week and missed our opportunity to by the cheap fares. What we need to know is....Are the other strategies you know about to finding lowcost airfare without sacrificing schedule? Any bits of information you have learned along the way would be an amazing HELP! Thanks. :xmas:

When I am planning a trip, I always start by going to http://matrix.software.com/cvg/dispatch, which is a site that canvasses travel sites looking for the lowest fares. Generally speaking, the information the site provides is accurate and up-to-date. However, you cannot book through the site; the site just provides the information and then you have to take that information and make reservations either through your travel agent, or with the carrier directly, or through an on-line reservation site such as Travelocity, Orbitz, etc.

Upvote 0

phillyfran

Fly On Wednesday

I just book for Jan., the cheapest and most available flights are on Tues & Wed. This is on Southwest and US Air. I saved almost $200 by flying on Wed instead of Thurs. :xmas:

Upvote 0

natalia1681

Others may disagree with me here, but have you considered booking your flight through Disney? When I booked my package for Sept., Disney offered me the lowest fare by far.:wave: I had read that they negotiate with the airlines to get more discounts. Hope that helps!
Also, I would second downloading Ding from Southwest!

Upvote 0

justducky78

We live in the Chicago 'burbs and always fly out of Milwaukee on Midwest Air. Sign up for their emails because they often email us discounts/deals, etc

Upvote 0

isitingood

Others may disagree with me here, but have you considered booking your flight through Disney? When I booked my package for Sept., Disney offered me the lowest fare by far.:wave: I had read that they negotiate with the airlines to get more discounts. Hope that helps!
Also, I would second downloading Ding from Southwest!

Sometimes Disney is cheaper but not always. When I booked for last June and this coming Jan. Disney was a lot more expensive.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

You could try this way, I have discovered that if you can't get an advertised deal from the internet, try one way down, and one way back. Our last trip in Nov. it ended up costing less than 220.00 that way round than trying to get a roundtrip fare which cost almost 400.00!!! :eek: And that was out of Newark. Go to those sites, any sites, ( hint before you go back clean out your cookies, because the site looks to see if you were there before and will show you what you saw the last time you were there, and try after 12 midnight, sometimes the airlines come out with low fares then too. ) We got our tickets for our way down in April 07, for 109.30 + all taxes and surcharges. A roundtrip right now is 330.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!! So right now we're ahead of the game. With just alittle patience you can do pretty good. Try it, you never know.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom